Newbie Ex-Army Questions! NOVICE ALERT!! :-)

MrFaz

Hello again Forum!

So I had lots of good feedback about training in my previous post Si thanks for all who added their input!

Next question is..... Kit.... What should I be looking to buy!? I have the fortunate position for 6 months to be earning a Wage from my good boss HER MAJESTY! So if I do need certain items I can buy sooner rather than later!

Second question is.... Are there any willing company's/people out there who would take me on as voluntary so I can expose myself to as much work as possible!? I'll be living in Oxfordshire in 5 weeks and my family live in Sheffield so any locations near these places would be ideal!!

I'm working off a 'don't ask don't get' basis as you can tell!

As always thanks for any input you all have!!

Regards!

Cheers mate, couldn't go a morning without a Brew! You guys have NAFFI breaks right!?!?!? :)

Yep,& its the protocol for the newest member of the team to provide it!:001_huh::biggrin:

Check out what is coolest & least restrictive regarding saw trousers,a good man to contact might be FR Jones & son in the toolbar adds.:001_smile:

get to know your combat medics, see if you can score a basic trauma pack off them, couple of israeli battle dressings and some of the new celox ones as well, save you a fortune, and get your first aid qualifications up to date, easier as a serving member than an unemployed civvie

If you are getting NPTC's you'll need a good ground saw eg: Sthill 261 or equivalent, to do Chainsaw maintenance and felling trees up to 15", hope you get some good offers of work to gain experience, If you work hard, use your PPE, common sense, listen and learn, you cant go wrong!

If you are getting NPTC's you'll need a good ground saw eg: Sthill 261 or equivalent, to do Chainsaw maintenance and felling trees up to 15", hope you get some good offers of work to gain experience, If you work hard, use your PPE, common sense, listen and learn, you cant go wrong!

Thanks Steph!! Is a ground saw different to one I'd use in the tree!? (Novice question number 1) (many to follow) haha! :)