British Soldier to Tree Surgeon!!

MrFaz

Hello forum,

My name is Tim I'm a 24yo about to come to the end of 8 years served as a Combat Medic in the British Army.

I am living just outside Oxford and there for the next 4 years as my wife is a RAF nurse posted to that location.

I am looking to start a career as a Tree Surgeon and I'm a complete beginner.

I have always been interested in tree surgery and now comes the time where I'm going to commit to making a go of it! I have 6 months left to serve and I can use that time to train and partake in any courses I can complete to put me in the best employable position.

I'm looking for advice and tips on training, jobs, and just any info to get me started! Thanks for reading this and would love to hear some opinions.

Regards

Tim.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello forum,

My name is Tim I'm a 24yo about to come to the end of 8 years served as a Combat Medic in the British Army.

I am living just outside Oxford and there for the next 4 years as my wife is a RAF nurse posted to that location.

I am looking to start a career as a Tree Surgeon and I'm a complete beginner.

I have always been interested in tree surgery and now comes the time where I'm going to commit to making a go of it! I have 6 months left to serve and I can use that time to train and partake in any courses I can complete to put me in the best employable position.

I'm looking for advice and tips on training, jobs, and just any info to get me started! Thanks for reading this and would love to hear some opinions.

Regards

Tim.

HI TIM i must say i take my hat off too you and wife out there mate well done mate and welcome to the best forum on the net mate there be otheres a long jon

Thank you for your service and your wife's continued service. I believe your experience and discipline will serve you well. You are entering a highly competive work environment so you will need to be patient and work hard at your schooling. I wish you the best.

easy-lift guy

Contact TKF Training, Holmfirth. They have great courses to suit ex-service and you can use Enhanced Learning Credits to help pay for your course. Just back from there and there were 3 RAF, and 2 army on the course.