Possible bad news for top handle saw users

Mark_Skyland

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been on the cards for 15 years ... They should ban the sale of them on eBay then problem solved... I discussed this with a local dealer when I picked up a 150 t and apparently its very much on the cards to ban the manufacture of top handles and probably why the t540 won't get released as well as the emission laws for 2 strokes changing again in 2014

It's been on the cards for 15 years ... They should ban the sale of them on eBay then problem solved... I discussed this with a local dealer when I picked up a 150 t and apparently its very much on the cards to ban the manufacture of top handles and probably why the t540 won't get released as well as the emission laws for 2 strokes changing again in 2014

The emission change in 2014 is the reason for the latest delays with the 540XP, they are trialling two different versions of saw, one that meets the new regs V the the one they were going to put into production. If they dont hurry up then they might be well and truly too late.:laugh1:

If you mean stopping the sales of new top saws on ebay then that shouldn't be going on anyway. Although its probably the sales of used saws that cause more problems I imagine.

Oh Christ

Can you post where you saw this info.

It was from a Husqvarna newsletter, who are taking it quite seriously.

Hopefully the AA guys will have a bit more info on it and maybe it is just another fruitless attempt to ban the saw.

Although I know they have tried a few times to ban top handles (and we do have organisations like the AA to thank in helping the HSE see sense as far as im aware)I always thought it was just the UK HSE whereas this comes from the EU so maybe it will have a bit more of an impact.

Exactly Johny, the famous 'they'.

You know, the people who go round confiscating toppers from dids all the time.

What a frickin' joke, and don't even get me started on EU emission regs because a few 2 -stroke saws are bound to kill all the polar bears blah blah blah blah.

It will be enforced the same way that you need to have a ticket, in other words if your a 1 or 2 man outfit that tarmacs drives most of the time and a little bit of arb work when it comes your way: no problem.

But it will be the same old story... the law abiding professional that will suffer.

Of course if there was an accident, either personal injury or to property - and if a top handle saw was being used...just make sure its well hidden when the insurance company or the man from hse come calling lol

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

So is it safer to take a conventional rear handled saw up a tree to use in place of a topper?

Wonder if my 009 Stihl will be classed as a topper or rear handle -it is somewhere in between:001_rolleyes::lol:

The two stroke laws are getting really silly - a 737 can take onboard 20,000 litres of fuel and burn the lot on a long flight and the big nobs are looking at a small number of chainsaws running for a small period of time - the world is an ass IMO, someone needs to look at the bigger picture rather than hammering the easy targets!