Something I read today that could concern a lot us us.:thumbdown:

“There is growing concern in the EU from several Market

Surveillance Authorities (MSAs) that top handle chain saws are

being offered for general sale to members of the public instead

of being restricted to professionals. Therefore, MSAs have placed

an item on the agenda of the Machinery Directive Working Group

administrative committee meeting in June to discuss the banning

of such products. As you may know up until recently the UK has

been portrayed as a shining example of how the industry selfregulates in this area. However, it would seem that the position

is changing with some of these products being offered for sale

on the open market.”

That is all the info I have ATM but hopefully some of you can shed a bit more light on the subject.

It does say its only being discussed in June and I dont know how long these things take but I hope we all will have a chance to voice our opinions on the matter.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can not see it being bad news for Top Handel users. Only for people who do not hold CS39 Should be worried, Even tho they will still turn up on e-bay and you can still buy them online with out any one saying anything.

Can not see it being bad news for Top Handel users. Only for people who do not hold CS39 Should be worried, Even tho they will still turn up on e-bay and you can still buy them online with out any one saying anything.

They are looking at banning top handle saws.

What worries/annoys me the most is that there is such a European body set up to stick their noses into such matters, and that we have to pay for that crap. It's little things like this that make me wish we weren't so joined at the hip to the European bureaucrats.

Yea Agreed . There are some little smoking sheds up in Scotland that have been making kippers for hundreds of years and no one has died from eating them but Europe has shut them down cos they don't tick their boxes . Ridiculous .