Cs38 + cs38 (of whatever its called now!)

Quercus-90

Hi all! Hope everyone is well!

Just a quick one really, been climbing for about a year now. Did my 30+31 late last year no worries.

Climbing so much now, really want to sort out at least my 38+39.

My question is, as I already climb, do I need to do the training? Or just take assessments? Wish I had just taken 30+31 assessment would have passed No worries, only part is all the reading etc that took me a day or so to memories.

I'm in Berkhamsted but can travel, can anyone Recomended a good nptc assessor? would like to get both out the way In a week if possible.

Just don't really want to spend the £1200 or so with training. And the way I understand it I will be shown how to tie basic knots, install a climbing line, working position, arial rescue, cutting technique whilst working from a rope and harness.

Thanks everyone!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by Quercus-90

The training is useful, there's usually some bit you didn't already know, if you're willing to travel to Staffordshire I recommend Ianmorganarb, he tends to teach you to do it a cheaper way, rather than all the fancy trinkets, so even if some of your gear got damaged, you can bodge it and finish the job... And most importantly get paid

Defiantly do the training. When I completed mine there was a guy on my course that had been climbing a few years and unknowingly had picked up a few bad habits that that wouldn't of scored very highly on an assessment. Not saying that you would of but you never know. Kind of like driving Your taught how to pass the test but what you do after that is pretty much up to you.

Ok well looks like I'm booking the whole lot then :thumbup:

I suppose at least when it's done it's done!

Hey bud hope your well i would advise taking the training mainley because of the rescue side of it and plus u will pick up some awsome tricks and tips well worth it hope this helps :thumbup:

Hey Sam! Hope your well dude!

Did you get your 31 etc yet??

Id agree and do the whole package bud, as theres more in the rescue side of things. Once uve passed remember to do some refresher training when u get a afternoon off. I haven't done much refresher training since i passed and had a surprise test at work, and has proven to me that we all need to keep on top of it.

Good luck, take your time and remember safety is a big thing

You won't regret it buddy, the training is well worth the money imo.. I've not long done 39 and have 41 booked, the training for 39 Allowed me to get totally up to date on current practice (some had changed since college a year ago :rolleyes: ) as well as getting dedicated time to practice under instruction.. plus you always learn something useful you didn't expect to :D:D

Ok well looks like I'm booking the whole lot then :thumbup:

I suppose at least when it's done it's done!

Hey Sam! Hope your well dude!

Did you get your 31 etc yet??

No mate afraid not yet had quite a bad turn out regarding missus leaving and so on so money is very short but will hopefully hitting it asap :thumbup:

No mate afraid not yet had quite a bad turn out regarding missus leaving and so on so money is very short but will hopefully hitting it asap :thumbup:

Ah dude, really sorry to hear that :(

Hope it all works out in the end dude