How do you keep yourself fueled?

Woodworks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My usual routine is to get to work at 8am and be home shortly after 5pm.

I am quite happy not to eat anything at all until I get home, and don't eat before leaving.

Coffee when I get up and a couple of brews during the day, sometimes tea sometimes coffee.

Don't feel hungry either.

Stuff myself stupid when I get home mind :D

Since I suffer from the shakes=hypoglocumia=low blood sugar.

I really should keep a packet of oatmeal biscuits in my pocket.

During my exercises in the TA I ran on "biscuits AB", of which there was an infinite supply since noone else rated them or ate them.

A bowl, or two, of real porridge in the morning is the best start to the day.

Bytimes I even eat cold porridge at/for 11'ziz.

With full cream milk and proper underrefined brown sugar.

PS

Big J is right, good crisps are good.

We used to buy the big 400g/500g bags of brand name "LAYS" (dutch?spanish?)crisps, for about 50p (ok years ago)

They were excellent quality and value, unlike our miserable British offerings.

Edited by difflock

I am quite happy not to eat anything at all until I get home, and don't eat before leaving.

Coffee when I get up and a couple of brews during the day, sometimes tea sometimes coffee.

You need to eat something during the day or you will suffer serious stomach problems in the future.

Do you smoke by any chance?

You would benefit from breakfast and lunch and then not stuffing yourself "stupid" when you get home. Other than that your plan sounds perfect!!

weetabix 4 in morning with cuppa then take some biscuits for mid morning digestives if we have them. sarnie for lunch, try to avoid crisps. then have a cooked meal when i get home about 7pm. plus plenty to drink during day do like my oasis. if i get the shakes not very often get a choccie bar and drink boost me up.

Bowl of porridge at 7am then a couple of tea spoons of honey from our bees keeps me going all day. Sadly thats about to change as we have lost all five of our bees colonies. All died off in the past month, soul destroying.

That's very sad. What do you think is the cause?

You need to eat something during the day or you will suffer serious stomach problems in the future.

Why's that? I appreciate it isn't the best regime but why would it cause problems and what problems?

Do you smoke by any chance?

You would benefit from breakfast and lunch and then not stuffing yourself "stupid" when you get home. Other than that your plan sounds perfect!!

Stopped smoking very nearly two years ago but I expect the habit of not eating came from before that.

It's not so much a habit, just something I can cope with. More through being too idle to make a packed lunch and never have bothered with breakfast.

I'm 49, active, fit and healthy as far as I can tell and seem to be doing quite well on it.

Wouldn't harm to be a stone lighter though.