Stihl 090 rim sprockets

agg221

There are a few people running 090s for milling, and the Oregon rim sprocket appears to be no longer available (Rob D - correct me if you can still get them :001_smile:)

It appears that rim sprockets are still available from Australia.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

The company won't ship to the UK, but I have an Aunt there who can send them on. It's obviously a bit complex and slower, but the prices look reasonable and whilst I know nothing about the supplier their Ebay feedback is pretty decent (20,000 ratings over 5yrs, 100% positive, about as high on the stars as you can get) so reckon the sprockets should be decent.

So, if anyone else is needing one and wants to split the postage, let me know. I'll place an order next weekend.

Alec

Found these for you Alec not sure if they are any help there's 9 & 10 tooth kits also still in need of muffler if you still have a spare ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STIHL-090-Clutch-Paddle-wheel-Rim-Sprocket-conversion-kit-404-10-Tooth-/360431586733?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item53eb658dad

Edited by lakeyboy
forgot link

I know about the ones on ebay in the US - but they're 9 and 10 tooth. The originals were 7 tooth, which is needed for the 090 to really score by delivering the torque on a long bar.

Madsen do list Oregon rim sprockets in their catalogue but not for any specific saw. They don't appear too keen on being contacted other than by phone, which isn't too convenient. Might give them a call at some point though, although realistically the Australian ones look more straightforward.

Alec

and yes, I think I've found a spare muffler

I may be up for coming in on this Alec.

No I don't think Oregon do any sort of sprocket for the 090 now...

Is it oregon rims that fit on this?

If so I'll take a couple of these. Send me a PM if you go ahead with it.

:001_smile:

does anyone know the part number as i have loads of oregon rim sprockets,i could have a rake, but most are unboxed so have no idea what they are off,thanks stuart

12004, and they will be much bigger diameter than anything else in the box!

Alec

Called Madsen's and put in an order today (I'm in northern California, USA) they do not have any drums.

Alec, I am new here and would understand if you wanted to avoid the risk/hassle but, I would love to get one of those 090 drums from Australia. Would be happy to pay all costs to cover my part of it and would stand ready to expidite a purchase and shippment from the US when you need something. Thanks for your concsideration, Merle