holidays in sweden

it's not arb related but i thought i'll find here few guys who live in sweden. i'm going on holidays in july and the plan is to spend 10 days walking and wild camping in sweden. can anybody give me any ideas about where to go? it must be in forest so i can mess with my tarp, axe ect. but it would be nice if there was a mountain or two for some good views.

cheers

peter

You could try the high coast region/höga kusten, very beautifull. There's a walking trail that takes you up about a dozen peaks I think, at the top of most peaks is a cabin open to all with wood burner, wood, candles, board games and blankets ect if the weather changes. Late last summer I done a few near my girlfriends summerhouse in lövvik and diddnt see anyone!

sounds cool, thanks josh. where is the best place to fly to? is it still stockholm and then local transport or are there any other budget flight destinations?

also my girlfriend is asking about bear all the time :-) where can we see them or rather in her case where not to go to avoid them?

any tips once we're in sweden? is it worth bringing dehydrated food for few days if we want to disapear into the wild?

cheers

Prob best fly to Stockholm then train to Sundsvall/Härnösand then local busses, I don't know really as I always drive. There is an airport called midlanda between Sundsvall and Härnösand but I believe that's only local flights and you'd still need to travel quite a way

Look on SJ.se - Tgresor - ett Bra Miljval - Start for cross country type trains from Stockholm to north

There are bears about, I found poo 500m from the summer house :)

If it was me, I'd fly to skavsta as cheap Ryan air flights, 13£ buss to Stockholm central, train to Sundsvall ir Härnösand then buss or 2 to where you want to go

Skulleberget is worth a visit in that area, fantastic views and good info center

A guy on here I work with does the same as you on days off walking and all that he is called dilz have a chat with him he's right into it all. I was up sundsvall a few weeks ago and it is a pretty cool area. Josh's advice sounds pretty good to me I'd go with that but dilz knows a fair bit too. Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Iwould be walking but my foot is nakcered aint it....canoeing this summer i reckon. Hoga Kusten trail up past sundsvall is nice. Bring some mosquito spray, Or try and hit it later in the year (end of august early sep is good but can be chilly). Abisko is supposed to be good, have yet to make the trip up there.

Hi guys,

thanks for your advices (specially about mosquito stuff:001_smile:). I'm not doing much planning at the moment, I need to get my rfs and isa exams sorted first. It's less than 3 weeks for isa now, getting a bit stressed if I'll manage to read through all the materials.

Anyways, holidays will be well deserved :001_smile: