Retiring harness

likeitorlumpit

If a harness has been used for 5 years & in constant use, then in my books it has made me enough money to be replaced.

Usable life can be extended on some equipment, but it is in exceptional circumstances in my book, not the norm.

I would agree with that, it's just nice to know that there are exceptional circumstances rather than a blanket rule.

If a harness has been used for 5 years & in constant use, then in my books it has made me enough money to be replaced.

Usable life can be extended on some equipment, but it is in exceptional circumstances in my book, not the norm.

its upto the manufacture to set the service life of its equipment, which cant be extended:001_tt2:

our company policy is dependent on use. So for a manager who uses a harness once in a blue moon it could be the full manufacturers guidelines. But for regular users it could be one year depending on the wear and tear.

Fading of material and heavy freying of material is usual failure of harness.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• 6 years later...
On 28/04/2013 at 13:11, ratcatcher said:

it really makes you wonder how our ancestors ever survived with all this H&S stuff don't it,

just saw a news story on another forum about a supermarket removing packs of monkey nuts from it's shelves, as it didn't carry the warning, "may contain nuts"

and doesn’t contain monkey ??

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2013 at 21:00, Matt McAulay said:

Had my weavers for just over 5 years did very well tough as old boots I'd lowered off the side ds, odd bit of baler twine made it last a couple more months till I got a petzl sequoia had that 4 years and the bridge and several others bits had pretty much worn through now use stein vega.

Baler twine! ??

• 2 years later...