Unicender

D Mc

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt it around 80 USD for the Throwpod ?

A chunk of heavy rubber and eye bolt ?

80 USD for the amount of machining that must take place seems like a fair deal to me.

Grais

The Throwpod is not just a chunk of heavy rubber! Sorry - wanted the product to speak for itself and not have to continually defend it - but we need to clarify that there is more to it than meets the eye (excuse the pun)!

Tony and Di

(Sawpod Ltd)

To be quite honest I would rather spend 80$ on a throwpod than a barrel attachment. At least the throwpod won't wear out and need a new one purchased. Whereas the barrel is going to take a lot of the the wear off the Uni. Is it Ali or Steel though??

To be quite honest I would rather spend 80$ on a throwpod than a barrel attachment. At least the throwpod won't wear out and need a new one purchased. Whereas the barrel is going to take a lot of the the wear off the Uni. Is it Ali or Steel though??

Looks like steel, they would be stupid to make it with Ali

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Looks like steel, they would be stupid to make it with Ali

True Joe. You could say they were stupid to build the Uni out of Ali too!!:sneaky2: I think there is one with steel wear points coming out soon. Bit more pricey though:001_rolleyes:

True Joe. You could say they were stupid to build the Uni out of Ali too!!:sneaky2: I think there is one with steel wear points coming out soon. Bit more pricey though:001_rolleyes:

Yea I heard this to plus a incorporated pulley for slack tending. I might wait out to get one.

To be fair if you use the right diameter line, grab the rope above the uni the slack just drops through if you are using a neck elastic to hold the uni up. When not using a neck elastic a captive bottom arm would help massively

Yea it should turn cack your pants mode into normal descent haha, Reading the blurb though it says not to be used with the uni in a chest ascender application. Aka with a bungee. If thats the case it pretty much kills the barrel for me.