Hayfever advice…

tomrose.arb

As I sufferer, and completely anti most medications, I used to struggle on.

I then read an article about a bee's wax product that you smear around your nostrils. I thought yer right, what a load of tosh. Anyhow, last year I gave it a go and it seemed to work surprisingly well- I put it round my snout and on my cheeks under my eyes.

Its meant to form a barrier to catch the pollen...

Anyhow, I'll speak as I find, and I will be using it again this year.

Product link

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh1: I thought i was the only stupid one coming into this work environment having hay fever

I use to have it really bad as well like Arniecardigan said i use to get in rights states after running around the park,climbing trees and over the golf course when i was younger.. now it doesn't seem to hit me hardly at all only when really dusty situations like strimming!! maybe because everything's concrete now or i play less..

I'm also anti medicine most the time unless really bad.. when it comes to your eyes? rubbing is a no no :lol: but eyewash may be a thought? not tried it myself but i always use to run to the sink when my hay fever affected my eyes!!

• 11 months later...

Have a look at this link Hay Fever Treatment Information | Expert Advice & FAQs | AllergyCosmos.co.uk it has tips on how you can reduce exposure to pollen. Also have a look at this link too as it provides info on hay fever relief products Buy Hay Fever Relief Products Online | Authorised UK Retailer | Same Day Dispatch | AllergyCosmos.co.uk : Hope this has been helpful

Have a look at this link Hay Fever Treatment Information | Expert Advice & FAQs | AllergyCosmos.co.uk it has tips on how you can reduce exposure to pollen. Also have a look at this link too as it provides info on hay fever relief products Buy Hay Fever Relief Products Online | Authorised UK Retailer | Same Day Dispatch | AllergyCosmos.co.uk : Hope this has been helpful

Thanks mate, it's getting to that time of year again!

I take Cetirizine too. I find it makes a difference though if I start taking it early and don't wait until I notice the symptoms. Also I take it even on wet low pollen days. If I don't it seems to take a couple of days to really kick in when I start taking it again.

I've suffered for the last 31 years and it's only been the last 3-4 that I have the right combination. Piriton tablets with Pirinase nasal spray and any eye drops. Constantly feeling bunged up is the worst feeling and results in a headache and sore nose. Pirinase is much better than beconase and you can get it over the counter. I can enjoy the summers at last.

Nothing ever worked for me until I tried something called happy nose from chemists, it's like a Vaseline with decongestant included costs about 3 quid a tube, you put a dab around your nostrils and it catches the pollen, now I don't have any trouble with hayfever.

I have had hayfever since I was very young, not the ideal profession for a turf grower :) I have tried or been put on pretty much everything, I highly recommend the Haymax that was linked to above, whatever antihistamines you try will eventually not work as your body gets used to them, so try alternating them and only use them if essential and nothing else is working.

My routine is now haymax, and a spoonful of local solid set honey every day, then if needed over the counter antihistamines and if they don't work neoclarytyn, beconase and eye drops.

I also have a high volume air purifier with hepa filters going most of the day in the house which makes a heck of a difference.

You want to find a local bee keeper and see if they have any honey for sale. The honey will contain the pollens that cause the hay-fever and by taking the honey it will make your body get used to the pollens. We keep bees and as a gardener I take spoonful of our honey everyday, works for me. You also want to see if they will sell you any bee propolis as its one of the most powerful natural antibiotics you can get. Propolis is the residue bees produce to fill gaps in the hive, helps keep the colds away.

I take pure bee pollen, started last autumn with it, so far no a hint of hayfeaver, and the bee propolis you mention is a hell of a product, highly recommended.

Ian

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Arbtalk mobile app