Rigging line out of reach

TKO

• 4 years later...

On 4/25/2013 at 18:02, TKO said:

I managed to find time today to put it together. See if you can guess who made the case..... Hahaha. I have put 33ft of throwline into it, but its got a hell of a kick when it retracts so I think I could probably run an extra couple of feet into it.

The dmm ring was the only thing to hand whilst I was making it, I'll be replacing it with a snap gate crab so it's midline attachable.

image.jpg.e6948dc9416e083203e2122fbb2b7e9d.jpg

Been looking at new options and came across this thread.  I take it this never went to market in any form?

I looked at the Stein outreach but a quick google search put me off :D

5af56204ade9d_ScreenShot2018-05-11at10_26_46.png.94710dd7723097b16a13c9e95a0c8b49.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/05/2018 at 10:27, jones said:

Been looking at new options and came across this thread.  I take it this never went to market in any form?

I looked at the Stein outreach but a quick google search put me off :D

5af56204ade9d_ScreenShot2018-05-11at10_26_46.png.94710dd7723097b16a13c9e95a0c8b49.png

Nah bro, it's in my kitbag and I still use it if I'm offset from my anchor by a long way. 

But I couldn't bring myself to repurpose non arb stuff, label it arb stuff and then charge £500 for it ????

But joking aside the tape measure with throwline and a swingcheek pulley solved the problem for me so I just stopped there. I don't think there is any need to sell a purpose built unit, cos it's crazy easy to make.

Edited by TKO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

easiest trick for me is to get the groundie to always tie the rigging line around the climbers line via a bowline . rigging rope then just gets pulled straight up the climbers line. Of course this only works if the rope is fair(ish) to the rigging line, ie no branches are in the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2013 at 13:53, LumberJake said:

I guess you're talking about the Ropetek Sidewinder?? I believe that the thread is called "The Sidewinder Way"?? I haven't seen many videos of it but what I have seen looks very impressive and in a neat little package too! I have a 7m short line and a 3m Steel Core Flipling so I am not in the need of it at the minute but if you are looking into a new flipline/short line then take a look. Nice piece of kit in my mind.

Jake

Hmmmmm!

sidewinder-300x249.jpg

s-l1000.jpg