50m rope long enough for set?

Can do a 50m tree with a choked anchor point SRT. Just use another rope to pull it out with. Or a 25m tree base anchored..

50m is plenty for me :)

Sounds interesting, it's not a technique i use ( i'm old school). 40 meter new england and 2 prussiks with change overs as i go. The method you use that i here quite a lot about obviously has less friction which would no doubt be a lot easier on my tired old frame:biggrin:

just wondering if this is long enough, iv never used srt before but im venturing down the RW root soon and want a static climbing line

If your going to try the RW and SRTWP then just use your current line. I use velocity, taccy or kernmaster depending on the job and crown. Tac runs best on open trees but if find the smaller velocity runs better on dense trees like lime.

RW runs great on normal climbing lines so if your dabbling into weather you like it or not then save money before you shell out and could hate it. :thumbup1:

Sounds interesting, it's not a technique i use ( i'm old school). 40 meter new england and 2 prussiks with change overs as i go. The method you use that i here quite a lot about obviously has less friction which would no doubt be a lot easier on my tired old frame:biggrin:

You're mental climbing on Prussiks.

I'm not saying you have to convert to SRT or spend much money but if you just bought a Hitch climber pulley, one biner and learn to tie a VT or Distel, life would become a lot easier.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

You're mental climbing on Prussiks.

I'm not saying you have to convert to SRT or spend much money but if you just bought a Hitch climber pulley, one biner and learn to tie a VT or Distel, life would become a lot easier.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Alright alright I'm mental I agree, and I'll certainly look into this a bit more as I'm all for making life easier. I think time just passes by and that was the way I was taught so i've stuck with it. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app