Rope Runner

Because hitches are so variable, an all in one package for the rw is a tricky quest. I personally like a 10 inch tether with a short hitch for instance. My friend likes a 15 inch tether and a long hitch. Like Worc wuss said, I am not sure a rw specific tether and tender is possible without overcomplicating the wrench. The beauty of the wrench is its simplicity. If your going to complicate it... Than lose the hitch. Hence the rope runner. Springing the wrench is quite easy with a stiff tether and a bumper.

Yes I agree but that isnt my point. The Wrench has enabled a larger discourse on SRWP. SRWP is becoming stuck in a rut and if a tool doesnt engage with existing EN and CE standards it will make the revolution dissipate. The Wrench could easily be tested to a number of different standards with compatible components.

If you want to change parts as a matter of personal climbing style that is another matter.

The Wrench has to grow up :001_smile:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't agree with this at all! Explain this furthur. To me the wrench is what it is. Hitches will never be adopted outside of the arb community. Within the arb community, the majority of folks haven't moved past a Blake's hitch or old school Prussic. You could make a CE wrench package like the CE climb but I am not convinced that would do.

I would also add that ISC has extensively tested the rw with a sterling tether with Yale bee line and a variety of commonly slected ropes to ensure that the results conform with EN standards. They can be contacted directly for more info. They would not have taken this project on if they believed it would not conform to existing CE and EN standards.

I would also add that ISC has extensively tested the rw with a sterling tether with Yale bee line and a variety of commonly slected ropes to ensure that the results conform with EN standards. They can be contacted directly for more info. They would not have taken this project on if they believed it would not conform to existing CE and EN standards.

Why not do it officially? I know it works(with my homemade specific designed tether), all wrench users know it works but it's the people that dont know that need convincing and testing it officially shows your duty of care AND the products viability. We cant all climb as well as you Kevin and shouldnt have to use tools that need creative interpretations to be useable.

If no products for SRWP become bonafied it will halter other product developments. Id like to see a pulley saver/guide style top anchor that can offer several ways of changing a 2:1 to 1:1.

I think the large part of the problems with that is inherent in hitches. Testing and regulations and CE / EN red tape is not something I personally have any ability or desire to tackle. I will leave that to ISC. What would being bonafied look like? I think that mechanicals have a much easier route to bonofication.