My hand has been forced to the orange and white side

Horatio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, to be fair, you did get in first.

With saws, my general philosophy is: if in doubt, get a new saw, prefferably bigger. :thumbup:

Thoughts exactly.

Don't like the idea of a skip chain.

If I gonna have a 36" bar I want it on saw that can handle it.

Skip chains are sslooooow, I know the night are pulling out, but will I do in winter. That my excuses for getting a swanky new chainsaw and I am gonna stick with it. That what I will tell the Mrs too:thumbup:

Thoughts exactly.

Don't like the idea of a skip chain.

If I gonna have a 36" bar I want it on saw that can handle it.

Skip chains are sslooooow, I know the night are pulling out, but will I do in winter. That my excuses for getting a swanky new chainsaw and I am gonna stick with it. That what I will tell the Mrs too:thumbup:

I thought skip chains on long bars in big wood were actually quicker and clog up less

So, looked and then got a job where a big saw is needed.

Have a husqvarna 576xp with a 24" blade and to be fair it always been enough. 48" by the time you go round both sides:thumbup:

Any way this time it's not gonna cut the mustard. There are half dozen dead horses chestnut trees to come down.

All my ground saws are Husqvarna so I enquired about the395xp but the max bar length is only 28" wtf.

The stihl equivalent is the 660 and can come with 36" bar

Didn't really want the 3120 seems to be over kill for what I want.

Don't get why the 395 can only be brought with a maximum 28" bar?

Never used a stihl ground saw except the 260. How does the 660 fair to the big huskies.

I got a MS441 with a 28" bar,,kicks butt.

What I can never get past with Stihls is that the on/off switch is the wrong way up. Should be flick down for off. Other than that, all the ones I have had / used have been excellent.

That's due to the design of the choke and throttle levers. The 200t is forward for off.

If they changed they would be too much like husky and they REALLY are poo :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tongue: