My hand has been forced to the orange and white side

Horatio

So, looked and then got a job where a big saw is needed.

Have a husqvarna 576xp with a 24" blade and to be fair it always been enough. 48" by the time you go round both sides:thumbup:

Any way this time it's not gonna cut the mustard. There are half dozen dead horses chestnut trees to come down.

All my ground saws are Husqvarna so I enquired about the395xp but the max bar length is only 28" wtf.

The stihl equivalent is the 660 and can come with 36" bar

Didn't really want the 3120 seems to be over kill for what I want.

Don't get why the 395 can only be brought with a maximum 28" bar?

Never used a stihl ground saw except the 260. How does the 660 fair to the big huskies.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, looked and then got a job where a big saw is needed.

Have a husqvarna 576xp with a 24" blade and to be fair it always been enough. 48" by the time you go round both sides:thumbup:

Any way this time it's not gonna cut the mustard. There are half dozen dead horses chestnut trees to come down.

All my ground saws are Husqvarna so I enquired about the395xp but the max bar length is only 28" wtf.

The stihl equivalent is the 660 and can come with 36" bar

Didn't really want the 3120 seems to be over kill for what I want.

Don't get why the 395 can only be brought with a maximum 28" bar?

Never used a stihl ground saw except the 260. How does the 660 fair to the big huskies.

My 395 runs a 36" .404 no probs .

I run a 660 on a 30" bar, but wouldn't go much bigger than that for any period of time, even though they say it will take a 36". I think I would treat the 395 the same way. It maybe says 28" max in the catalogue, but pretty sure it would pull a bigger chain for occassional use. 385 certainly runs a 28" bar with no problems.

I looked at plenty of websites, Jonesie for one the height bar option is 28" I am not saying they are not powerful enough.

Where can I buy one with a 36" Alex?

Ring the shop, they might be able to sort.