Husqvarna 225H60 Hedgtrimmer !!

Graham 777

Just bought this little beauty !! I know it's not a current model or even a commercial model but it's in pristine condition !! can any body tell me anything about it i'e availability of spares e.t.c or anything at all about it :thumbup1: After my Echo HC 341 ES playing up on me midway through a job last week and borrowing a cheap "Gardenline" trimmer which finished the job and got me out of the pooh I thought this would be a wise buy at £120 with another "conifer" job to start tommorow morning!! :thumbup:

hedgetrimmer3_zps2e8a4d7f.jpg

hedgetrimmer2_zps9460a547.jpg

hedgetrimmer1_zps38847439.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a set of these in semi retirement now as I've just got myself a new pair. They are good machines. Mine are at least 5 years old now probably older. Mine were 2nd if not 5th hand. They will sharpen as well. Only problem I have had with mine is the fuel cap broke and the primer bulb needed replacing.

I've a set of these in semi retirement now as I've just got myself a new pair. They are good machines. Mine are at least 5 years old now probably older. Mine were 2nd if not 5th hand. They will sharpen as well. Only problem I have had with mine is the fuel cap broke and the primer bulb needed replacing.

Primer bulb :confused1:

I've got one these in for repair. Don't like the build on the recoil. Two screws holding it down are not enough IMO.

Don't like these hedg cutters at all. Just my opinion tho.

Be carefull with the plastic part in the recoil. Check out the bench thread. A few pages back. The one I have in is wearing away quick. Looking into if its a reproduction part or a husky oem part. But this wearing quick.

I have what I think is the same engine only mine is a single sided one . Never had any issues with it .Fastest cutting hand held hedge cutter ever ! My mate said from a distance it sounded like a saw ......

Primer bulb :confused1:

Two screws holding it down are not enough IMO.

Rich, yes, there are 2 screws holding it down at the back, but the front should have a lip which sits under the front cowling thereby holding the front edge down.

Is yours broken off by any chance, or is the front cowl not secure?

And I agree, I dont like them either.

Rich, yes, there are 2 screws holding it down at the back, but the front should have a lip which sits under the front cowling thereby holding the front edge down.

Is yours broken off by any chance, or is the front cowl not secure?

And I agree, I dont like them either.

No the one in is all secure, second thing I checked after ensuring the two screws are holding like they should.

The thing is the front cowling has four screws in it. Yet the recoil has only two. Would have been better engineering to have two screws on the the front cowl and four on the recoiled seeing as this part takes the most abuse from a user.

But then I don't work for husky so what do I know. :lol: