Good PDF overview of various SRT systems

Hey Guys, as you probably already know that PDF on SRT access systems is from the Victorian Tree industry Organisation here in Aus. I was recently present at their 2013 Arbor Camp that ran over 3 days (great event) and a number of SRT access systems were not only demonstrated but we had an opportunity to test them out. SRTWP is in its infancy and as such a demo was give of some of the latest gear such RW, HH and the Uni etc by Trev Douglas of "Tree Gear" hear in Melbourne with a excellent offsider in Ewan Murray (member on this site I see and one of yours that swam the gap). Interest was really good and the balance of the arvo was taken up with a few guys flying the wrench. It maybe a while before we see the VTIO publishing SRTWP related material whilst good practices are still being developed. In the mean time a good book for me was the US TCIA "SRT Best Practices" book. Material contributed by some really cutting edge minds in the US. Its a good starting resource for those looking into safely climbing and working SRT. Have a good one

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys, as you probably already know that PDF on SRT access systems is from the Victorian Tree industry Organisation here in Aus. I was recently present at their 2013 Arbor Camp that ran over 3 days (great event) and a number of SRT access systems were not only demonstrated but we had an opportunity to test them out. SRTWP is in its infancy and as such a demo was give of some of the latest gear such RW, HH and the Uni etc by Trev Douglas of "Tree Gear" hear in Melbourne with a excellent offsider in Ewan Murray (member on this site I see and one of yours that swam the gap). Interest was really good and the balance of the arvo was taken up with a few guys flying the wrench. It maybe a while before we see the VTIO publishing SRTWP related material whilst good practices are still being developed. In the mean time a good book for me was the US TCIA "SRT Best Practices" book. Material contributed by some really cutting edge minds in the US. Its a good starting resource for those looking into safely climbing and working SRT. Have a good one

Thanks tony appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Sixstrings, I'm in staffs if you want a rec climb got loads of sweet trees to play in.

What you want to know SRT for access or work positioning? Can run you through both if you can get across, I'm just off the A5 nr Gailey.

bugger... hang on

vtio.org.au/Content/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Single-Rope-Technique-i.pdf

sorry about that:blushing:

It's a great file. Just made up a micro frog. Only prob there is no measurements on what length to attach the hardware. So it's a bit of trial and error. Using 9mm tenex. Will test out and upload pics when finished.

It's a great file. Just made up a micro frog. Only prob there is no measurements on what length to attach the hardware. So it's a bit of trial and error. Using 9mm tenex. Will test out and upload pics when finished.

Hey man, the MF's I make up from time to time vary on who's using them and their style. Mines really long and I have longer arms so mine would have the hardware mounted in a difference place to most. I usually tie and demo a dummy MF from a length of prusik cord or alike, once we are satisfied transpose the R&D onto whatevr your using ie Tenex, Yalex etc.

Saying that, the latest one I made is adjustable whoopie style so i can use it optimumly with my RW & HH systems.

Cheers,

Tony

• 1 month later...