Active Tree Services - Australia

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WA is miles from anywhere mate and if you go to active there your stuck out in the bush. Stick to the East as you can travel to different states from there. What age are you as we can possibly offer employment. We are in Adelaide have 2 guys just arrived from Sydney and one from WA all uk lads and the WA one was with Active hence the reason I know it's bush work. We have 9 UK lads including myself some holiday visa, some 4year and others Permanent Residents. Their is tighter laws now with 457 visa's but send me a CV and some info to [email protected] if interested.

Hi Alan, Thanks for the info.

I am 26, i'll send you a CV out now.

I work in the bush in WA beats metro work anyday!

Interesting you say that mate, I definitely don't think I'd be adverse to bush work, I'm not much for the city myself.

I'm a country lad in the UK and its very rare i venture into the town and when I was over in Aus & NZ last year of all the places we visited, though there were many nice towns & cities, I much preferred the peace and isolation of the less populated areas, I know its not real bush but I spent a month or so working on a farm out in rurual VIC and loved the wide open space!

• 1 year later...

Hi

I know this is an old thread but to answer your question. I have worked for Active in and around Adelaide.

I was on a working holiday visa and needed a job. So I looked up their address and turned up at their Adelaide office. The manager was an English guy called Jim. He asked if I had experience and if I had my NPTC cards which I did. After asking me who I had worked for in the UK, which was Tilhill. He said I could start the following Monday.

As a company they are very good and the biggest utility cutting company in Australia. They work in every state I think.

The guys I worked with were all good guys and hard workers. I started off on the ground but after a couple a weeks they had me climbing, The distances and voltages and voltages are the same as the UK apart from they have several different voltages on the same poles.

They use allot of MEWP's and they try to cut I think 20 spans a day and its hot work.

Climbing is looked upon as a dangerous job and you get decent money for it ( not like in UK )

Also they don't like climbers working in the rain ( to dangerous / slippery ) not that it rains much.

All in all, a good company with allot of scope and career choices.

Jon

I worked for active 2 x summer seasons on the trot, never worked so hard in my life, apart from my real 10 man years as a RM, OZZ was hard, if it was not for the conditioning in younger years afforded to me by HM forces the VB and tooies would of killed me, everyone else was on the bong, never did like smoking, specially bubbling in through a half filled glass dragon, they are all nuts out their. I was the only one getting drunk on beer.

• 2 months later...
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of Australia, you'll need a minimum of $30 an hour to live here..

I've been working on and off. That's trash depend on what lifestyle you lead I've gone not working for a month out here just to travel. There are some great opportunities out here though highly reccomend it.

I've been working on and off. That's trash depend on what lifestyle you lead I've gone not working for a month out here just to travel. There are some great opportunities out here though highly reccomend it.

To live here, and I'm not talking about backpacking you need 30 bucks an hour...

Depends, with a family youre probably right. but iv been here 5 years and my wage as full time employee started at $22 ph & steadily increased to $30, now on $500 a day as a subby climber. I always managed fine, but as is always the way i cant imagine going back to anything less than $30 now, lived in melbourne the whole time.