Post borer

Guss109

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any auger will go off line if it hits rocks bigger then it can dig out, I have a bracket on my mini digger auger so you can keep it reasonably on line but I bent one of the smaller augers once by trying to force it a bit too much. That was trying to put fencing up on a disused quarry the ground was the old granite spoil pit:laugh1:

£500 seems very cheap for any auger, my biggest auger piece alone nearly cost that. The actual drive unit was £1400

Very nice and very small foot print I imagine?

What about the pto versions any good? Looking at a tomlin for around £2k but oxdale do one for £500 any one got an oxdale? are they that cheap for a reason?

The trouble with tractor mounted augers is you have no control of getting the auger up right. The trick is to pull forwards slightly as it goes down to keep it upright. Mini diggr ones you can control it all and keep it vertical with out having to move the actual machine.

That's a nice looking set up. Started the other fence last week all started really well then went belly up as took 3 days to set 37 posts and had to hire a micro digger for the last few holes. Reckon we were on the found for an old dry stane dyke will have to upload some pics when I've got them from my phone