Rope wrench tethers the final frontier ;)

So here are some pictures of my rope wrench tethers. The twin legged tethers are for the DMM hitchclimber pulleys to enable you to use the centre hole to connect your lanyard to whilst advance with the LOTS (lanyard over the shoulder) technique or a chest harness technique, I've also started making DMM pinto pulley tethers with a stitched eye attached for the above reasons on the hitchclimber setup, it's just a prototype at the minute and may make a couple of changes but I really like the pinto tether a lot.

I've made a few tethers up for a hand full of climbers free of charge who will be attending the ancient trees of Africa expedition. If those climbers would kindly add there input onto this thread once they've had a go with them that would be very much appreciated, it's always nice to receive feed back.

I will be selling both sets of tethers after April once I've given the pinto prototype a fair trial.

My first 5 I sell money will go to the children's trust charity.

Prices are

Hitchclimber twinned legged tether £25

Pinto tether £18

If your interested let me know on this thread not via PM

Please note the prices are high as there is a lot of effort that goes into them and materials are not cheap either,

Thanks for reading

Adam

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1365499346.539737.jpg.4b0568d17cf740dfd3187bc49929fd0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1365499328.871473.jpg.daa92f6befb0e3ca7bff0c96d1a0a1fc.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find the pinto a bit wide. The ISC fixe, ct fixe or petzl fixe leave a but more room in the biner that I like.

It is a big old lump, I tried the isc fixed first but someone rightly pointed out that the edges were a bit sharp for the configuration I had.

I got round the pinto width by using a Petzl William biner, which is huge, and 8mm eye to eye hitch cord.

I'll post a photo in the wrench thread if you'd like to see it rather than derailing Adam's thread :001_smile:

Thanks guys, once I start getting a few orders ill let everyone know how to make payments and stuff.

I love the pinto but like you say Kevin it is wide and other pulleys that are similar but thinner may be better, I was just playing on the fact I don't have any other pulley that would work like that yet! :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App