buying firewood processor

blacknora

hello folks, new member here. hoping for some advice on where to go for firewood processors. already familiar with fuelwood, davies implements, m.large, riko, just found jas p wilson. am i missing anyone worth checking out? we are looking for a mobile firewood processor the likes of japa 300 be. used would be fab, or new but cheap (ha-ha!) ;)

thanks all!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome.

I think you have picked most of the major brands. These are expensive bits of kit new as you say but most of the major suppliers have used machines coming back from people trading up, or giving up !!. JAS Wilson have a show coming next month and I hear a new mid size machine, there may well be some trade ins.

Members here sometimes put used machines onto the Arbtrader site.

Brand wise, Dalen, Duun, Tajfun are others to look at but most require a tractor to lift and power. A tidy Massey 135 for lighter machines or a 165 for bigger ones will set you back 3 - 4.5k.

A

Blacknora, you may be well up to speed/knowledgable about firewood processing.

I however, was astounded (nearly having bought a Haki Pilki offen M Large, when they were affordable/new to the market) AFTER seeing them (various makes, by the supplying dealers) demonstrated, at how "picky" they are about the nature of the logs being processed.

Need to be fed telephone type stock in my reasonably uninformed opinion.

good luck

Marcus

Blacknora, you may be well up to speed/knowledgable about firewood processing.

I however, was astounded (nearly having bought a Haki Pilki offen M Large, when they were affordable/new to the market) AFTER seeing them (various makes, by the supplying dealers) demonstrated, at how "picky" they are about the nature of the logs being processed.

Need to be fed telephone type stock in my reasonably uninformed opinion.

good luck

Marcus

I stick all sorts through my Hakki 1x37, bent, knobbly bits, you get to know how to use it.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Some machines are far better than others at bent timber.

A

would you have an opinion on which ones?

we seem to have decided to go for a mobile one because few users over the area are buying together. this severely limits the choice so it is a bit of a headache, to a point where i am now thinking do we need to reevaluate that decision. however it does mean getting another piece of kit like a tractor or something be able to move it and then you face budgetary restrictions.... hmmm...

also thanks for all the advice up till now, that is really useful:)

if you want a totally mobile unit can I suggest that you try our Farmi WP36 trailed processor complete with its own engine, no need to purchase a tractor as you can tow it behind a car if needed, I have sent a pm with my contact details if you want a demo.:thumbup:

it is advertised in the classified for hire with a couple of pics>