Vented tonne bags ?

JN Tree Care

Tonne bags are designed to carry a ton of sand, they are usually 1/2 a cubic meter.

I use Bag Supplies 1 cubic meter green firewood bags and do exactly what you are thinking. You need a teleporter or similar and they dont like being 3 high much. Wood seasons perfectly on them.

A

Hi,

i bought 200 hundred of them 2 years ago for the same reason, i di split straight into them from the processor and then stack them up to dry out, i think its a great way to do it as it saves alot of time on handling later on.

the vented bag allows the firewood to dry evenly and the bags are pretty hard wearing, ive refilled mine several times. they cost approx £5.20 each and are well worth it.

I got mine from a company called ukbags i think, they were based in cumbria some where.

Hi,

i bought 200 hundred of them 2 years ago for the same reason, i di split straight into them from the processor and then stack them up to dry out, i think its a great way to do it as it saves alot of time on handling later on.

the vented bag allows the firewood to dry evenly and the bags are pretty hard wearing, ive refilled mine several times. they cost approx £5.20 each and are well worth it.

I got mine from a company called ukbags i think, they were based in cumbria some where.

I think that could be Bag Supplies mate they are based in Penrith but I could be wrong:confused1:

I think that could be Bag Supplies mate they are based in Penrith but I could be wrong:confused1:

That's the guys I bought some off recently, decent bags.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

The ones I bought have been a pain to handle to be honest after being used to handling plain bulk bags. They collapse easily, therefore harder to fill, they dont stack as well and are twice as expensive.

As for mould, I've found using plain bags (at half the price) and cutting holes in the bottoms and side work as well if not better than vented.

I wont be buying any more vented, but thats just me!

It was so wet over the last 18 months we have had some mould problems with our stripe vented bags especially processing September onwards. The see through bags may be a better bet if the weather stays the same for years

Now that is interesting. I have just sent out some Ash/Syc that I processed about the same time, green vented bags under a dutch barn closed on one side only. Perfect logs, even after a bit of snow on the top.

Only downside I can see with these fully vented bags is a tendency to bulge at the mesh sides. I put mine in a 5 foot trailer, the bag should be 44 inches wide, I do have a bit of side space left but not a lot. That suggests a 5 inch or so bulge each side and thats on the denser meshed sides, not had one split yet but am concerned about sending 1.2 + cube out in one !!.

A