Accidents at work

alistairmagee

dave, yr short of a few facts yet again dave ,save yr apinion till you have them all :001_rolleyes:

Christ Huck, this guy comes on with a story that should send a warning to all of us and you're accusing him of being a BS merchant, with absolutely no evidence. Are the figures really relevant to the story?

Edited by Le Sanglier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyhook, i run a tree company and as result I have very real costs as do all others,my actual day rate was 350 + vat per day to turn up and contract. I have a turn over of more the 120 k per year.

imagine getting to the point where you sell off equipment like your timber crane and truck bought for over 20k new not 3 years ago, simply so you dont go bust.

and paying your staff because its not their fault you carnt go to work.....

Christ Huck, this guy comes on with a story that should send a warning to all of us and you're accusing him of being a BS merchant, with absolutely no evidence. Are the figures really relavant to the story?

I'm not Christ, just a normal guy :biggrin:

£33k is a huge amount for a "subby climber" to claim to have lost in 3 months and I feel its relevant to the discussion, thats why I'm asking the question :001_smile:

Skyhook, i run a tree company and as result I have very real costs as do all others,my actual day rate was 350 + vat per day to turn up and contract. I have a turn over of more the 120 k per year.

imagine getting to the point where you sell off equipment like your timber crane and truck bought for over 20k new not 3 years ago, simply so you dont go bust.

Where you not able to continue some works using your staff??

There's your answer.

I also don't understand why anyone would refuse to dismantle a tree (in small pieces) into a road, but would participate in the felling of a whole tree into said road??

If you and your groundie could stop traffic for the tree, why could the boss and your groundie not do the same for you to drop bits??

If you we're to get solicitors involved which sounds like a good idea in this case, I would say that discussing the situation with written word may not such be a good idea. Even though one has been implicated by name. The defence will find anyway by any means they can to worm out of something.

I also don't understand why anyone would refuse to dismantle a tree (in small pieces) into a road, but would participate in the felling of a whole tree into said road??

If you and your groundie could stop traffic for the tree, why could the boss and your groundie not do the same for you to drop bits??

I suspect he was taking his orders from his employer In hindsight not the best idea considering the results. Would you have fired your employer or just walk off the job with the story provided?

easy-lift guy

I suspect he was taking his orders from his employer In hindsight not the best idea considering the results. Would you have fired your employer or just walk off the job with the story provided?

easy-lift guy

I run my own business, so don't work under the instruction of others, they may sub work to me, but I decide how its done.