Price per 1m cube next year.

brewpup

Well our solar kiln dried logs are £100 per m3 guaranteed less than 20% MC and I was worried about the competition undercutting me by £30. I thought I would need to advertise but pleased I did not as I have virtually sold out only keeping a reserve for my regular customers. The wet competition logs actually did me a favour so looking to double volume again for next year so will be a busy summer to get it all seasoned for next winter.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sell seasoned Beech at £85 a m3. People where ringing round for prices saying I'm not paying that much so I started doing builders sacks .71m3 at £65 - they love em. It's the price they look at, they would rather pay a lower price but don't compare the quantity.:001_rolleyes:

We sell seasoned Beech at £85 a m3. People where ringing round for prices saying I'm not paying that much so I started doing builders sacks .71m3 at £65 - they love em. It's the price they look at, they would rather pay a lower price but don't compare the quantity.:001_rolleyes:

I agree, I am sure they look at price above all else, (at least until they buy a load of rubbish that they get stuck with).

We are £60 cube, for hardwood, but have decided that if the next stock costs me more, and reduces the profit margin, I will be looking at increasing the price to maintain it. Lots of competition around here, and only one other selling by volume...but that has been on another thread...don't get us started on that one!

Staying at £100 next year for hardwood. Might introduce a kiln dried option as well at a higher price. A few of the good suppliers localy are all on the same sort of price. We all get on and know theres enough customers to go around! i got abit annoyed last year with people selling builders bags and cubic metres so cheap, advertising them as seasoned when they clearly wernt! but thought i sell out by december every year so why worry! I have had a huge amount of people this winter (more so after christmas) call because the last person they had it off had avertised seasoned and they were soaking! Or advertising hardwood and delivering softwood. sold alot of them part seasoned (25-30%) and all loved it so god knows what crap other people were selling. Still a few that are £70-80! Its mad if you ask me, i couldnt aford to sell seasoned at £70 buying in cord, but stick to a price that makes you profit! people dont mind paying for quality, you only have to look how much the "hereford based kiln dried company" sells at £160 a cube to know that

I agree, I am sure they look at price above all else, (at least until they buy a load of rubbish that they get stuck with).

We are £60 cube, for hardwood, but have decided that if the next stock costs me more, and reduces the profit margin, I will be looking at increasing the price to maintain it. Lots of competition around here, and only one other selling by volume...but that has been on another thread...don't get us started on that one!

hi float,

sounds too cheep to me,unless your getting your wood for free. im in glos and getting £75 a cube no probs,nearly sold all this years stock,looking to put price up this year as bloody hard work and costs involved.put price up 3 years ago lost a few customers and gained a few.had a few come back after being cough`t out with cheep logs that wouldnt burn.where in glos are you?.

I'm in one of the poorer areas of the country and charging £85/m3 collected or immediate area delivery. It's going to go to £90/m3 this September.

I'm going to sell out this year so may as well up the price to both supress demand and make a lager margin.

I think anyone delivering hardwood at £65-£70/m3 bagged and seasoned is giving it away. I'm in the market for artic loads at that price to save me working too hard. Offers invited.

That's what I've found - was selling at £100-00 a cube for hardwood, £85-00 for mixed.... a lot of people pretty much put the phone down when they hear the price.

In hindsight I'd have bought the .65 cubic meter bags and sold at £70-00.

:001_smile: