Price per 1m cube next year.

brewpup

This is the problem; customers don't think a log merchant should be "enjoying a standard of life" - emphasis on enjoying. If you're not a banker it's tough out there. Frankly as a log merchant myself, I don't actually think I am entitled to a comfortable life. That might sound ridiculous and I hate being hard up but we have it so easy these days compared to those in the past. Selling logs pays the mortgage, rates and wifes car for commuting to work and that's it. We can't afford holidays, day trips, luxury foods; evenings out or any extras. We're not enjoying life at all but nor do we think we should be! Content yes, always wanting more - no.

Content is good. Often lost on go getters.

I think it's best to push the possibilities especially now as we come out of recession. You deserve a bit of luxury especially after working hard this winter.:001_smile:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently on £100 for 1.5 cubic metre load,

Or £66.66 a cube,

all split, consistent length, hardwood, think that's a bit cheap, but any over a £100 and people seem to laugh, but they don't grumble bout the £1000.00 oil bill a year,

I wish I could take these people logging,/splitting for a day !!!

I'm currently on £100 for 1.5 cubic metre load,

Or £66.66 a cube,

all split, consistent length, hardwood, think that's a bit cheap, but any over a £100 and people seem to laugh, but they don't grumble bout the £1000.00 oil bill a year,

I wish I could take these people logging,/splitting for a day !!!

If only they knew how much work goes into producing logs; if you haven't got thousands of pounds worth of processing gear and loads of space, it's tedious graft. I reckon they think a woodman saunters off to his sweet meadow with a whistle on his lips, a melody on his heart, axe in hand and effortlessly pops logs for a few hours a day in bright sunshine as he heads off for a ploughmans at lunch and a snooze in the afternoon! :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

5751b3bb6e8c4456ed46e5e036aa7534d66e6150_m.jpg.4c4a62e9855d2bcb80e990ba667c15af.jpg

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

I reckon they think a woodman saunters off to his sweet meadow with a whistle on his lips, a melody on his heart, axe in hand and effortlessly pops logs for a few hours a day in bright sunshine as he heads off for a ploughmans at lunch and a snooze in the afternoon! :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

:laugh1:

If only they knew how much work goes into producing logs; if you haven't got thousands of pounds worth of processing gear and loads of space, it's tedious graft. I reckon they think a woodman saunters off to his sweet meadow with a whistle on his lips, a melody on his heart, axe in hand and effortlessly pops logs for a few hours a day in bright sunshine as he heads off for a ploughmans at lunch and a snooze in the afternoon! :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

I wish :thumbup1:

That isn't everywhere.. You just have to be lucky and have someone on your doorstep willing to sell for stupid price.

Yes it us every day

Have a look your self?

some dont even get that for it

That could be a 1/2 cube bag so still £70 a metre.

No these bag are full and they are a cubic metre

If ive had a hard morning logging up in the freezing cold,i sometimes have a snooze in the afternoon.

Does that count?

Well if you look on ebay and have a good look the price of a 1 tone builders bag goes for 35 quid at auction

And it dose say seasoned and hard wood

A builders bag is 0.75 m3, so works out £70 m3/ around average I would say for mixed logs?