our health

dodger

been climbing for a long time and know many that have too, all the blokes that i know that been in this game have joints and back proplems and as we get older it gets worse,the hse due to my knowledge have never look into this,

do you think wear and tear on our bodies should be look at for our long term future

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been climbing for a long time and know many that have too, all the blokes that i know that been in this game have joints and back proplems and as we get older it gets worse,the hse due to my knowledge have never look into this,

do you think wear and tear on our bodies should be look at for our long term future

Good God NO!!!!!!

They will have us covered from head to toe in cotton wool and all trees will have to be worked on with a MEWP.

Good God NO!!!!!!

They will have us covered from head to toe in cotton wool and all trees will have to be worked on with a MEWP.

i disagree, tree work course wear and tear on our bodies many blokes that have been in the game are out off work due to back and joint proplems, it should be look at as soon you unable to work due to wear and tear its to late then

i think its just the nature of the beast we know what this job will do to us, although with better machinery its always a good idea to get equipment in to save us. This is harder for the smaller companies i guess. Maybe its not my place to say having only been in the industry for nearly 7 years but i see what you mean although its quite funny been doing HGV class 1 all last week and my back is starting to ache and i know once back to work it will be all good

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, IMO.

I don't want any more crap telling me what I can and cannot do!!

Many office worker are very over weight, at least I don't have too go to the gym.

As my Grandma used too say "hard work never killed anyone, but it can make you a funny shape" LOL!!!

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, IMO.

I don't want any more crap telling me what I can and cannot do!!

Many office worker are very over weight, at least I don't have too go to the gym.

As my Grandma used too say "hard work never killed anyone, but it can make you a funny shape" LOL!!!

this is it the law changes daily in a few years tree surgery in this country be like germany, and it will all mewp work one day

Rubbish!!!

We ain't Germany and we never will be!!

do you know the law and the policys hse are trying to change, just look at the last ten years and look at how hse has change tree surgery and it only going to get worst for tree surgeons and the paying public

do you know the law and the policys hse are trying to change, just look at the last ten years and look at how hse has change tree surgery and it only going to get worst for tree surgeons and the paying public

In the last 5 years they have threatened all sorts, and most of it has not happened.

If you employ a climber you are already putting your kneck on the line, thats why I do all my own climbing.

But as a self employed climber very little has changed in the last 5 years, in real terms.

And, IMO, as this recession/depression bites they are not going to risk jobs by making any real changes.