Jump to content
Stubby

Guitars . Show em !

Recommended Posts

So, upgraded my '79 Precision, new lightweight body and a sneaky Jazz pick up...

IMG_0074.JPG

Edited by Anno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few additions since I started this thread . Pics to follow but they will be a Gibson LP standard Maple top ( 60s neck )  .  A Gibson ES 335 custom  Cherry also with a maple top  . A very nice 1988 Gibson ES 175 all original and a well used 1981 but good Ricky 330 in fire glow 🙂

Edited by Stubby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Got a few additions since I started this thread . Pics to follow but they will be a Gibson LP standard Maple top ( 60s neck )  .  A Gibson ES 335 custom  Cherry also with a maple top  . A very nice 1988 Gibson ES 175 all original and a well used 1981 but good Ricky 330 in fire glow 🙂

...And when do we get to see or hear you performing with then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few people on another forum I’m on formed a band. It was hugely inconvenient for all concerned because of location and they performed once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

...And when do we get to see or hear you performing with then? 

I'm not much of a guitarist to be honest . My Dad bought me my first guitar when I was 11 years old . I'm just coming up to 66 years now  . I might get the hang of it sometime 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I'm not much of a guitarist to be honest . My Dad bought me my first guitar when I was 11 years old . I'm just coming up to 66 years now  . I might get the hang of it sometime 😁

It's good enough that you enjoy it, I never got the hang of any instrument. Indeed when trying to tune my younger granddaughters' presents I have trouble distinguishing if a string is higher or lower than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It's good enough that you enjoy it, I never got the hang of any instrument. Indeed when trying to tune my younger granddaughters' presents I have trouble distinguishing if a string is higher or lower than it should be.

Oh I can hear pitch ok and could probably hit any note bang on  from any intro and be in the right key . My problem is smallish hands with short stubby fingers coupled with my accident when I was fifty ( metal left shoulder ) inhibiting my movement and speed up and down the fret board . I just love having them around if you know what I mean .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Oh I can hear pitch ok and could probably hit any note bang on  from any intro and be in the right key . My problem is smallish hands with short stubby fingers coupled with my accident when I was fifty ( metal left shoulder ) inhibiting my movement and speed up and down the fret board . I just love having them around if you know what I mean .

Yup, I didn't for a moment think you would be as inept as myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.