Guitars . Show em !

Stubby

40 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Got a few additions since I started this thread . Pics to follow but they will be a Gibson LP standard Maple top ( 60s neck )  .  A Gibson ES 335 custom  Cherry also with a maple top  . A very nice 1988 Gibson ES 175 all original and a well used 1981 but good Ricky 330 in fire glow ?

...And when do we get to see or hear you performing with then? 

23 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

...And when do we get to see or hear you performing with then? 

I'm not much of a guitarist to be honest . My Dad bought me my first guitar when I was 11 years old . I'm just coming up to 66 years now  . I might get the hang of it sometime ?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I'm not much of a guitarist to be honest . My Dad bought me my first guitar when I was 11 years old . I'm just coming up to 66 years now  . I might get the hang of it sometime ?

It's good enough that you enjoy it, I never got the hang of any instrument. Indeed when trying to tune my younger granddaughters' presents I have trouble distinguishing if a string is higher or lower than it should be.

43 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It's good enough that you enjoy it, I never got the hang of any instrument. Indeed when trying to tune my younger granddaughters' presents I have trouble distinguishing if a string is higher or lower than it should be.

Oh I can hear pitch ok and could probably hit any note bang on  from any intro and be in the right key . My problem is smallish hands with short stubby fingers coupled with my accident when I was fifty ( metal left shoulder ) inhibiting my movement and speed up and down the fret board . I just love having them around if you know what I mean .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Oh I can hear pitch ok and could probably hit any note bang on  from any intro and be in the right key . My problem is smallish hands with short stubby fingers coupled with my accident when I was fifty ( metal left shoulder ) inhibiting my movement and speed up and down the fret board . I just love having them around if you know what I mean .

Yup, I didn't for a moment think you would be as inept as myself.

IMG_5030.jpg

One of my Tanglewoods. Pretty low quality everything and the intonation isn’t great bit it’s excellent fun for certain things and good for leaving in the van. Currently in F# standard. It’ll handle E standard with 11s but only just. I’ll put 12s on next. 13s if I can find them without a wound G (the fourth fret shreds wound ones). There are so many guitars out there and they’re all pretty good so I thought I might as well pick a brand and go with it. I’ve got a Tanglewood dreadnought and acoustic bass too. Will add a parlour next although I might deviate to Faith for one of those. I’ve already broken the rule with a thin body Ibanez after all.

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1