Guitars . Show em !

Stubby

I don't know how you found him to be but I found him to be great company as well as a great guitarist

What is (was) the name of your band?

He was a nice,gentle guy very quiet until he got on stage!

That band was The Ponddwellers,featuring the legendary Mad Clive on vocals - a kinda Rock Rasputin!

• 9 months later...
On 05/03/2016 at 21:08, Billhook said:

Jimi Hendrix was my main influence. I was converted when I heard Purple haze in 1967. Shows how old I am

Back in the mid nineties it was as though I had manifested Jimi to appear as Gregg Wright came over from LA to try and start a band up with some local musicians. He and the bass guitarist were left handed like me but both played with the strings set for a right hander, upside down. They called themselves "Gregg Wright's Left Hook" and were popular both in England and on the continent.

He stayed with me for several months and I was hoping that some of his magic would rub off on me but alas he is in another class.

Here he is with his new guitar made for him the "GWR" Fretking Corona Black Label

[ame]

[/ame]

and here is is with Michael Jackson on the Victory tour.

[ame]

[/ame]

Gregg is about six foot three and it is very apparent next to Jackson!

MJs song 'beat it' as in that vid- the solo was recorded by Eddie Van Halen who happened to be recording next door- he just made the solo up on the spot.

18 hours ago, EdwardC said:

Well it's been a while since this thread got an outing so as I've fitted new tuning machines to my guitar I thought I'd resurrect it.

Guitars a Nicholas Scott carbon framed braced classical guitar. Brazilian rosewood back and sides, lattice braced cedar top, cedar neck with ebony splice and finger board, and the new Rodgers tuners with oak leaf and acorn engraving.20170906_191131.thumb.jpg.c105b85c78560b97189a036011183f30.jpg20170906_190947.thumb.jpg.4051ce4370de8d175ba06473f09668c9.jpg20170906_191150.thumb.jpg.21ba0e50ce40187df135a87254c3a26c.jpg20170906_191239.thumb.jpg.f9f3a836d20cb7eda345e595ec764eee.jpg 20170906_191222.jpg

A bit special that one . No laminate here ! :001_smile:

On a slightly different topic . I have just bought a Vox AC30 for not a lot . Needed a new reverb tank ( which I have , an OEM one )  and have just got a complete re valve  from Watford Valves .  Not fitted them yet .  This bad boy weighs quite a bit more than my Fender tweed blues junior ! .

Edited by Stubby

Some very nice guitars in here.  Can't show mine, haven't got any pics as yet.  :$

But I currently have,

Epiphone Prophecy Custom Plus GX

Epiphone Plustop Pro

Harley Benton L450 Plus

Cheapie Yamaha Acoustic, can't remember the model. 

And a cheaper Strat copy which I was going to use as a testbed.

And my website,  Guitarist Guild

• 1 year later...

Got a few additions since I started this thread . Pics to follow but they will be a Gibson LP standard Maple top ( 60s neck )  .  A Gibson ES 335 custom  Cherry also with a maple top  . A very nice 1988 Gibson ES 175 all original and a well used 1981 but good Ricky 330 in fire glow ?

Edited by Stubby