Guitars . Show em !

Stubby

I still have ... early 70's Framus Jazz that I learned to play on. My Strat that earned me a living until 1995 and a Takemine New Yorker I bought about 3 years ago to get me to start playing again. It didn't work, I hardly ever pick any of them up these days and I got caught up in the madness of trying to learn bluegrass 5 string banjo! I wish I had some of the guitars I got rid of ... '62 re-issue Tele ... Ibanez George Benson ... Yamaha SG2000S ... Never owned a Les Paul and wish I had but the Strat always seemed a teeny bit more versatile. That Gordon Smith GS1 was a brilliant weapon!! Its great to see everyones pictures ... some beauties.

IMG_3050.jpg.57ceb738c601312b438b217d1c5d98d3.jpg

• 2 months later...
That's the one. Mine's a 1992 re-issue of 60s 'Classic'. Not as good as the 'Standard', it lacks 'bite' but I think that's the pickups.

Talking of changing PUPS I have a n Epi Lester Ultra ( Fame maple top and chambered body ) that I fitted a factory matched pair of Gibson "burst buckers and a 50s spec wireing loom with PIA caps , CTS pots and a switchcraft jack . This helps ! :001_smile:

I wanted an SG the first time I saw Zal Clemson play at my local hall . He was the lead for the late great Alex Harvey . ( I am 60 years old and I was about 18 - 20 when I first saw them ! )

Just had another look through this thread and had to remind myself how good they were.

Warning! If you listen to these two tracks, it is an instant ear worm and will be with you for some time while you are working!

[ame]

[/ame]

Just had another look through this thread and had to remind myself how good they were.

Warning! If you listen to these two tracks, it is an instant ear worm and will be with you for some time while you are working!

If you can find/put up a link for them doing " The Tomahawk Kid " . That's the one that hooked me first . :001_smile:

Jimi Hendrix was my main influence. I was converted when I heard Purple haze in 1967. Shows how old I am

Back in the mid nineties it was as though I had manifested Jimi to appear as Gregg Wright came over from LA to try and start a band up with some local musicians. He and the bass guitarist were left handed like me but both played with the strings set for a right hander, upside down. They called themselves "Gregg Wright's Left Hook" and were popular both in England and on the continent.

He stayed with me for several months and I was hoping that some of his magic would rub off on me but alas he is in another class.

Here he is with his new guitar made for him the "GWR" Fretking Corona Black Label

[ame]

[/ame]

and here is is with Michael Jackson on the Victory tour.

[ame]

[/ame]

Gregg is about six foot three and it is very apparent next to Jackson!

• 8 months later...