Show us your fishing boats !

melvyn

Been a keen shore angler for years but always hoped to have a sea fishing boat, put out a few pots, bit of wreck fishing etc. About to take the plunge and invest in a nice boat. How many of you fellow arbtalkers indulge in this hobby. Would be interesting to see your boats if you do and hear of your experiences.:001_smile:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I go on charter boats. One is one 40 quid for the day. Simple and easy, no fuss or mess with boat ownership. Or registration fuel costs repair costs. Etc.

Did own a boat before but it wasn't worth the effort plus cost of mooring it was way too much effort.

Pay someone else to run a boat and just pay for the day. No obligation either so if I wake up on the day and don't fancy it i just don't go.

Havnt had a fishing rod off this one yet but summer isn't here yet. :lol:

image.jpg.49e139ae93e6d8b461a1359ee540643b.jpg

I used to have one. I was really into tope fishing off Wales. What seemed like a good idea turned into a millstone. Towing, launching, fuel. Mates that jumped aboard but forgot how much it cost to run. Never again. Stick to charters now.

My word that brings back memories! :laugh1:

I bought a share in a boat years ago with 3 mates, needed work but seemed like a good idea at the time.

Was a 17' twin hull cabin cruiser, forget who built it.

Had a mariner 50 outboard on it.

Trailer was pretty rubbish, so a mate cut it up to rebuild it. Boat is still sitting in a barn on straw bales more than a decade after we put it there :001_rolleyes:

We started overhauling the motor, that ended in some fire.

It wasn't a successful dalliance into boat ownership. I never actually floated on anything on it. My share lapsed apparently through rent payment for the barn by one of the 4. I believe all our shares lapsed. We only paid £150 each though so not the end of the world. :001_rolleyes:

friend had a boat in dry storage in Southampton only a 16ft cabin cruiser but that was a millstone round there neck had to get the tides right to launch same coming back in. had to wash outboard in fresh water to stop the salt corroding inside of engine. they gave up and sold it. moorings around these parts need to be a rich man to have one £10 plus per foot a month. another friend is lucky he works in a marina so can keep his boat moored. has some fun in it. but not a cheap game fish finder,emergency kit,vhf radio,lights. plus keeping bottom clean and engine serviced. cheaper to charter a boat with a bunch of friends. have a good day and hand the boat back to the skipper at end of day

About to take the plunge and invest in a nice boat. :

Will sort some pics but you can have mine for £8k. 23' Wilson Flyer on four wheel trailer with 75hp four stroke Merc does 21 knots and will fish 4-6 with a twin gas hob in the cabin, GPS etc. and a cover.

OR swap for a good TP200 turntable :thumbup1: OR 08 plate Iveco tipper :thumbup1:

Regards,

Steve.

Here's my last boat.

Couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I built it. Didn't do a whole lot of fishing on it, but it was great for having a lazy picnic on with the family whilst drifting down with the tide. Also used it as a support boat, and for shifting building supplies.

cat3%2520%25281%2529.jpg.

Al.