Making the transition from GB TO New Zealand

bear_macgregor205

hey guys. heard through a few instructors that arb qualifyed arborists are still on the skills shortage list for new zealand.. 23 and life at ma feet one would say.. surley got be a better lifestyle than all this wind and snow and trafficjams. If ur lucky enough get sponsorship through a company before you leave or is just best fly over and find work.. any feedback be great guys:biggrin:

hey guys. heard through a few instructors that arb qualifyed arborists are still on the skills shortage list for new zealand.. 23 and life at ma feet one would say.. surley got be a better lifestyle than all this wind and snow and trafficjams. If ur lucky enough get sponsorship through a company before you leave or is just best fly over and find work.. any feedback be great guys:biggrin:

Essential Skills In Demand Lists

• 2 weeks later...

There is a large shortage of climbers here in NZ especially auckland region. Easiest way is as paul said. Apply for a working holiday but do it while your in england because if you apply once in the country you will have to get medical etc and it pretty pricey. Can work a year on that and then get an extension of another year or go down a different route. If you qualified and have experience than send your cv through and we take a look. Check Tree King on facebook if you would like a bit more info etc.

Hi mate. I came over to nz a couple of years ago green as, only with the cs 30,31,38 and 39. Went to a company and got a job straight away. Kiwis are awesome to work with, good workers and good sense of humour. The weather is all good most of the time. My work have been sponsoring me and They have also put me on an arb qualification, basically an apprenticeship. I think it goes upto level 4 or something..... Any qualifications you can get!

As far as money, and pay goes......well I live in a place called "ten dollar Tauranga" sothere's your clue!