'Tree P&D' - UK Roadshow Event

AA Teccie (Paul)

Hi Craig, hope you're well.

The AA isn't the FC which is where the 'duty', and more importantly funding, lies and, to be fair, they have been pretty active doing seminars up, down and across the country (inc. 2 joint hosted with the AA in London and Preston and I understand from Paul Hanson they've also done stuff in Scotland.)

The AA Seminar, whilst triggered by the increasing P&D problems we're encountering, isn't an update as such in the way the FC ones are. The seminar aims to improve the understanding and implications of P&D at the contractor level and what you need to consider / have in place to manage this.

At £60 and £70 respectively for AA members and none members, inc. a copy of the AA P&D booklet which will retail at £15 AND attendees will receive before it goes on general sale in mid-June, I think the seminar represents good value for money.

FREE AA seminars is an aspirational thing but will require the membership to quadruple first...fingers crossed! ;-)

Regards..

Paul

Fair enough, thanks for the reply Paul

Any chance of a free place at the Perth seminar? :001_smile:.......................just kidding :biggrin:

Wont manage this time, but hope it all goes well. Book looks good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a contractor, I found the day both informative and relevant to my work. I do get asked about p&d by clients, and it does help to set you apart from other contractors if you can give an informed answer, and know where to go for help if you can't diagnose on your own.

I did miss a few minutes after lunch owing to the excellent catering and the warm dark room. That's my excuse anyway.

It did highlight the pace of change, books that were published a few years ago already missing very important pests and diseases, and the regulations concerning bio security and notifiable p&d seem to change all the time, so keeping up to date is important.

Thanks Peter, it sound like you got a lot from it. I agree that having that extra knowledge helps. If you or I were to win a job through our knowledge, the seminar fees are covered straight away- it is a win win.

My original post is probably off topic as this is the P&D roadshow thread. It was brought on by Scotspine comment about the seminar fees and my own feelings regarding how the outreach of the AA (especially regional branches) could be more effective for greater membership numbers.

My original post is probably off topic as this is the P&D roadshow thread. It was brought on by Scotspine comment about the seminar fees and my own feelings regarding how the outreach of the AA (especially regional branches) could be more effective for greater membership numbers.

Hi there,

Whilst we do acknowledge some AA Branches 'out-reach' more effectively, and more frequently, than others, in all honesty this comes down to people / members on the ground and their available time and enthusiasm.

Hence why not get involved and make your branch work better for you, and others of course. Many get great satisfaction, along with good networking, by getting involved.

See Membership overview - Arboricultural Association and scroll down on right hand-side to find your local branch and contacts.

Cheers..

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting day at Myerscough, well attended by a broad range of people from across the industry.

Of particular interest was the number of new P & Ds imported in the last ten years, many of which are either not mentioned or noted of little relevance in Strouts & Winter.

Dalgea O'Callahan also made a short presentation on the Micro-injection system, updating the progress of compliance issues.

Well worth attending, Guy and Ben were good speakers and encouraged lots of audience participation.