Done my good deed and got dragged out truck

treesnatcher

Sooner or later someone will start a thread (it's probably already been done) about their gear getting nicked and how the police weren't interested and just gave a crime reference number. Then you'll all be saying 'typical'

Oh and Stoxs, yeah you're right, they either do bugger all or go right over the top.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stox, I have had an experience with the police this year, I was totally innocent, hadn't done anything wrong, clean record without even a parking ticket in 28 years, three coppers as good friends and yet I have been stitched up like a good un.

All this because of one coppers over zealous policing and then subsequent lies to cover it up, all this to save her a little embarrassment. So we have a police officer lying, two other officers colluding and when a full complaint has gone in, an inspector at her nick missing out vital parts of my statement to dumb the whole thing down.

People moaning about bad policing generally have good reason and first hand experience to do so. It isn't always guesswork.

As a result I have lost all my guns and thousands of pounds financially, the guns alone are worth £10k and I now have a 10 month battle to prove my innocence and legal fees on top

Stox, I have had an experience with the police this year, I was totally innocent, hadn't done anything wrong, clean record without even a parking ticket in 28 years, three coppers as good friends and yet I have been stitched up like a good un.

All this because of one coppers over zealous policing and then subsequent lies to cover it up, all this to save her a little embarrassment. So we have a police officer lying, two other officers colluding and when a full complaint has gone in, an inspector at her nick missing out vital parts of my statement to dumb the whole thing down.

People moaning about bad policing generally have good reason and first hand experience to do so. It isn't always guesswork.

As a result I have lost all my guns and thousands of pounds financially, the guns alone are worth £10k and I now have a 10 month battle to prove my innocence and legal fees on top

That sounds like a nasty ordeal Dean. :thumbdown:

I think that the police are much the same as all other large public sector organisations, local authorities & the NHS being the 2 main ones.

There are a number of excellent people out there, but they are outweighed by a lot of people who shouldn't be in their jobs.

I have friends & acquaintances in the force, one of them is brilliant, one of them is a tosser [who plays the system like you would not believe, such that I now have no respect for him, he takes the piss with MY TAX], and one who is a CSO who we had a 'fall out' out with [caused by another great public institution, the education establishment] who had me pulled over the other week, 3 miles outside their jurisdiction, and accused me of using a mobile phone [i was eating a Spar potato dog in fact] while she hid in the car.

GENERALLY, I have no time for the police, with their love of minor traffic offences and fear of gypsies. I know there are good ones - I've met them - but I do believe that in the main there are serious problems higher up the force in terms of protectionism and incompetence.

Have you gone to the media? I don't mean the local rag, I mean a national newpaper which caters for 'people like you' [if you follow], who likes small businesses and the countryside, that will take it on properly and has some clout, someone like the Telegraph?

Try to find a junior reporter who will see it as their chance to get some column inches with a good story. :001_smile:

With being big into shooting I have access to barristers, ex mp's, solicitors, doctors etc etc

My problem is (and I know I'm my own worst enemy) I don't like people doing stuff for me or people doing favours for me. I try to take on things myself and sometimes it's a bit much, all this despite a good friend who is a barrister offering to sort it out at no cost, his wife is a European civil rights judge who sits on these genera convention type cases.

I've got se really good character references, from a doctor and a retired scientist and a barrister, and have spoke to the police solicitor dealing with it. He doesn't want it to go to court (no surprise there) and wants to deal with it in house.

Everything will come good, but I'm going to have a hugely stressful year just because of one bad officer and three others with no backbone to disagree with their superiors judgement

Just been speaking to a mate about this thread, he had a good chuckle to himself.

He did 22 years in the RUC where people didn't just bad mouth the police or be sick over them on a Saturday night, they actually wanted to kill them.

He twice had a bomb under his car, one he found the other he found after his car wouldn't start. He had to be careful where he drank, where he ate and where he took his kids. When people aimed vitriol and threats at him they weren't idle threats, they meant it. Getting separated from your colleagues was life threatening.

Coppers over here think they have a bad lot, at least they could get up and drive to work in a morning with out having to check for bombs or worry about being ambushed on the way.

Puts things into perspective (-:

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

are you a BASC member Dean, if you have had your guns taken off you through no fault of your own they usually help you out.

are you a BASC member Dean, if you have had your guns taken off you through no fault of your own they usually help you out.

Yes I rang them and they just offered advise over the phone. To be honest I just felt as if I were just another number to them, they were offering me standard advice. I was under the impression that basc was like a legal insurance thing where they represent you at appeal which I was told it isn't, they just offer adobe over the phone.

Going back onto the police thing, I went down yesterday afternoon to collect my guns with a friend after getting them put into his certificate. When they brought them out after a one and a half hour wait, I asked if I could inspect them for damage, the officer handed them to me stating that I don't know why I'm bothering as they were not my guns anymore ???

I soon put her right.

Why do they have to make such ignorant statements

Been member of basc, found them a waste of time. Local Police took ages to renew licence so was without one for a while and they were of no use what so ever.

The Police make the law up as they feel fit. You can't defend yourself when assaulted as you have firearms licence as i have now found out.

Dean, if i were you i would accept the help from the people that you know. They want to do this to help you as a person, fellow sportsman and friend to them. Don't let the tossers get away with it.