Level 4 AA tech course part time

Dts trees

Two things I found crucial.

Don't let resubmissions back up & try and get access to as many of the key books on the reading list as possible.

I would echo David on this.

Easier said than done in my experience but very definitely worth trying hard to keep on top of the assignments, and getting hold of as many of the books as possible is a must.

Enjoy :thumbup1:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone i am looking to do the course in September at Merrist Wood and i am really after advise on positives and negatives on people who have done it and what they think of it and where it has got them to now. I am looking to hear from anyone who are in the same boat as well. i have done 18 years of tree surgery running my own business and want to add this to my cv. This is something i should of done a long time ago but never thought of doing it. I went to the open evening tonight just to get more info but it was so busy i could not get a look in. Thanks Richard . :confused1:

I did the level 4 with Treelife at Westonbirt, had an excellent tutor and venue was great!

I'm in a similar position to you, been doing Tree Surgery for 17 years, tho not running my own business.

I started off doing 10 hrs a week but found I was falling behind with the resubmissions, 14 hours a week was probably what I ended up doing in the end.

A very intense course but thoroughly rewarding! 👍

Thanks i am nervous but eager to get on with the course!. Starting to get the books in now. trying to juggle family life and business and coursework together is going to be challenging. going to have to shut myself away in the office every night! :001_unsure:

I think the thing to remember is as long as you are prepared to put the time in, you will pass! Every assignment you hand in will either get passed or handed back for resubmission, if it needs resubmitting they will tell you where you are going wrong and guide you in the right direction, work can be resubmitted as many times as it takes till you get it right.

if it needs resubmitting they will tell you where you are going wrong and guide you in the right direction, work can be resubmitted as many times as it takes till you get it right.

As long as you don't over run the course length or there will be the additional stress & financial penalty incurred.

My advise is to put the time in & try and get the asignments done in the first or second submission.

Snowballing re-subs adds much un-needed stress and lack of focus in my experience.

As long as you don't over run the course length or there will be the additional stress & financial penalty incurred.

My advise is to put the time in & try and get the asignments done in the first or second submission.

Snowballing re-subs adds much un-needed stress and lack of focus in my experience.

That's true, fortunately I managed to complete it within the allotted time. I think the resubmission cost was £15 per assignment which could add up over time!

• 5 weeks later...