Sending work photos within an job application??

Tom Mabbutt

I think it's absolutely fine as an idea - but rather than put them in your CV, have a separate portfolio. Keep it brief and business like though, otherwise it could end up with a 'holiday snaps' feel to it.

It could be just the thing to make you stand out.

Hi Mate

I would go with abit of what both RobArb & HCR have said.

Have a website with photos of your work or a folder that you can email. Hardcopies in a presentation file for interview.

The photos sent via post, would have to be of a good quality, if not it will make your work look rough. So I would look at emailing the pictures let them descide if they want to print after looking at them, need to watch the happy snaps

All the best with what you are doing

This maybe a bit old school, but then some company owners still are, but have you considered a disc.

If I was recruiting and someone took the time to produce and post a disc id be thinking along the lines of the chap seems to have initiative, which guess what??? Is what most employers are looking for in staff.

In my opinion, this is a very good idea.. Now ask the moderators to delete the thread so that all your competition for jobs do not do the same!!!!! haha!

Website of work is good idea too. Not sure which would take longer to set up though...

Edited by jaime bray

Hey bro, I reckon it's a good idea, I wouldn't worry about seeming like a vain know it all cause I'm sure as soon as they meet you they will dismiss that thought. I started a similar thing a while back, a blog on Tumblr. I'm sure there's many other sites, and no one knows of it. But if I do travel one day I can just give potiential employers the option of having a look, all they will have to do is click on it, its free to both parties, easy to update and fairly straight forward. All the best.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App