Rec climb West Worcestershire / Hfds / Shropshire border 20th April

WorcsWuss

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun :) im in the same boat as arran so would it be cool if i pitched a tent up somewhere too? If not ill still come up :)

Let me check the numbers and come back to you.

Pm me your email address and I'll send you the details... :001_smile:

Good on you for organizing it. I'd come if I was closer. My neck of the woods when i grew up...

No kidding! Really?! Where abouts? :confused1::biggrin:

I was fields away from Sheperds.... Grew up with the lads from there, along with others in the area....Used to walk there all the time... back in the old days they had it all rough, exploring that place was magic, and we used to climb the mountain on boots. Remember?

Teh we moved to Presteigne, most eastern town in wales. The rest is history :D

I was fields away from Sheperds.... Grew up with the lads from there, along with others in the area....Used to walk there all the time... back in the old days they had it all rough, exploring that place was magic, and we used to climb the mountain on boots. Remember?

I think the heyday for the store was the 80's & early 90's, going there was a proper adventure. Remember the green ex-mil torches with the 90 degree end and interchangeable filters? Don't know an boys of my age who didn't have one of them! They had some great stuff, I had an arctic sleeping bag and gore-tex bivvy from there somewhere :thumbup:

You know they had to sell the jet they had outside? Think the APC's have gone as well now.

I went to Ludlow college with a few of the Presteigne lot in 96/97/98.

When did you move away?

I used to go out with a girl from Presteigne. Not a place you could get lost in! lol