Rec climb West Worcestershire / Hfds / Shropshire border 20th April

WorcsWuss

So, having had a date suggested, it looks like the 20th of April will be ok for a gentle rec climb at our farm.

I've checked my calendar and there's nothing on it yet so I'm going to pencil it in.

If it's hosing it down with rain I'll can it, I don't want to play in that! :001_tongue:

I'm open to suggestions about how we do things, but if a group of us want to meet for breakfast at my local then that might be a good way to start the day and get to know each other. :001_huh::001_smile:

Times wise, if we want breakfast I suggest we aim to be at the pub for 8.15 for 8.30 food and away by 9.30. The farm is only 2 minutes away from the pub.:thumbup:

As I said in the original thread, novices are very welcome, on the proviso that you know your limits and will listen when told to do something....:001_smile:

I'll do my very best to take a few photos for you to have a look at in advance, but can't promise I'll remember!

Register your interest here then and we'll see if it's a goer...... :thumbup1:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're more than welcome to come up Arran, sure I can find somewhere for you to pitch a tent if you like, or the pub has rooms.

Can't promise anything special or unusual tree wise, but if you're prepared to drive all this way then it would be a pleasure to have you along. Have to see if I can find something particularly nice, and big, for you to climb!

I'm in. Got all my kit set up for ddrt though, so Worcs, if you have enough patience to run me through the basics of srtwp it'll be great fun to learn!

Absolutely no problem at all. I'm still new to SRT so it will only be the basics mind you! :biggrin: you can play on my srt gear as much as you like though :thumbup1:

Want to do breakfast first....? I'm calling in for a swifty on the way home so will provisionally book an imaginary number in.....:001_smile:

Yeah I can do, I'm about 1h45m from you so I'll be peckish when I get there!

Cheers, being constantly pressured time-wise at work I rarely get the opportunity to try out new techniques, so this'll be a wicked opportunity.

In the absence of ladders you must all promise not to take the mick too much as I get tangled up in throw line amid a stream of cursing...

Yeah I can do, I'm about 1h45m from you so I'll be peckish when I get there!

Cheers, being constantly pressured time-wise at work I rarely get the opportunity to try out new techniques, so this'll be a wicked opportunity.

In the absence of ladders you must all promise not to take the mick too much as I get tangled up in throw line amid a stream of cursing...

You will never out tangle or out curse me with a throwline..... :biggrin:

You're more than welcome to come up Arran, sure I can find somewhere for you to pitch a tent if you like, or the pub has rooms.

Can't promise anything special or unusual tree wise, but if you're prepared to drive all this way then it would be a pleasure to have you along. Have to see if I can find something particularly nice, and big, for you to climb!

I'll come down and camp the night save be some ££, will climb anything fun, it's what u make of it ay.

Will be nice to put faces to user names, and nice to meet more Tree people :thumbup:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App