SRT Q & A's Thread

Lol, I will buddy once I get my hands on some decent cheap shrink wrap, and also now its been brought to my attention the zk2 instruction Manual may stop me from making them for people who operate under LOLER and PUWER ?? Grey areas!!!!

But surely the tether is not a life supporting bit adam?? yes the hitch is but like the RW there is no risk of injury or death if the tether fails?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But surely the tether is not a life supporting bit adam?? yes the hitch is but like the RW there is no risk of injury or death if the tether fails?

It's a real grey area mate, and in our eyes yes your right but its the people that decided apoon these rediculous rules and regs. They've probably never even seen or used any climbing equipment

It's a real grey area mate, and in our eyes yes your right but its the people that decided apoon these rediculous rules and regs. They've probably never even seen or used any climbing equipment

Adam, seriously, we got this bro! :biggrin: Kevin said he's going to remove that clause from the manual, chill! :001_cool:

I cannot see it being any different to using a double fishermans with shrink wrap.... But then again im one of those naughty climbers who use a unicender now :blushing: to tell myself off im ordering dominos :001_tongue::001_tongue:

I cannot see it being any different to using a double fishermans with shrink wrap.... But then again im one of those naughty climbers who use a unicender now :blushing: to tell myself off im ordering dominos :001_tongue::001_tongue:

It's not that dark here in the dark side!

I have a question, with SRTWP when moving within the crown making regular/small adjustments is there any benefit to SRTWP over DdRT, do you guys still move around hand over hand, pulling slack from below the pulley/HH/Uni?

I totally get the benefit of SRTWP and the benefit of working off a static line, using a pantin on long hauls etc, I'm just struggling with movement within the crown.

I have a question, with SRTWP when moving within the crown making regular/small adjustments is there any benefit to SRTWP over DdRT, do you guys still move around hand over hand, pulling slack from below the pulley/HH/Uni?

I totally get the benefit of SRTWP and the benefit of working off a static line, using a pantin on long hauls etc, I'm just struggling with movement within the crown.

Not really any real benefit over ddrt on straight runs that i have found myself, but in busy crowns from the redirect point of view it's potentially less hard work.

You can use the same 'both hands on' technique from ddrt coming back, tending slack upwards round your pulley and pulling down to the wrench at the same time. It's very efficient and subtly and very different from ddrt at the same time...:001_smile:

Edited by WorcsWuss

You can clip your system back into your cheat harness or neck elastic and as you walk you just have to pull underneath your hitch or if you use a uni it will tend up the rope with no hands having to tend slack a bit like a spiderjack.

👍 LOTS also works.