SRT Q & A's Thread

I damaged some eucs in oz when I tried it. Maybe it was partly the time of year too. I felt a bit guilty.. Ali ring is so clean and smooth and if you want to change to DdRT it just floats above your system. Back to SRT? send a spiked alpine back up and jobs a good'n :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few pictures of the bunny ears cinch. These are not my photos, but I do basically the same, using a double figure 8 knot and an HMS style carabiner.

BOAB.jpg

8154401531_8774b7f951.jpg

Jack's a smart guy and there is nothing wrong with his setup. I like your choice of the double 8 knot better as it is the more stable. The problem I have with the double loop knots, is they work great when the two loops are under load, but when not they can be plucked or distorted. It is not really a problem, just something that bugs me so I go a different way.

Also, to be honest, I rarely choke tie as 99% of the time I find a base tie to be a better option.

David

Right at the beginning I show I to through a redirect when I don't really want to lanyard into and put my entire weight on the limb I'm redirecting through. This trick has been very usefull.

thats quite clever, not sure why everyone skipped past it. not that I'm always worried about weighting the limb i want to redirect off, but i don't like that precarious period while off your line. I'm assuming thats just using your lanyard . my only problem is that it means another thing to have on my harness. you could probably tie a blakes or something similar with just your lanyard. even though the biner might make that difficult

Jack's a smart guy and there is nothing wrong with his setup. I like your choice of the double 8 knot better as it is the more stable. The problem I have with the double loop knots, is they work great when the two loops are under load, but when not they can be plucked or distorted. It is not really a problem, just something that bugs me so I go a different way.

Also, to be honest, I rarely choke tie as 99% of the time I find a base tie to be a better option.

David

any link on how to tie that, been looking for that knot for awhile