SRT Q & A's Thread

Next time you do that, would it be possible for you to take a pic please?

Here you go. It does take some retrieving so probably not the best for rough bark and large limbs but it's functional and safe.

The knot is a bowline on a bight and the krab is a backup in the tail. I've got another static tip tie that I'm gonna put up but it's non retrievable.....at the moment. I'm working on that one:thumbup1:

20130702_093710.jpg.c593d83bf69cf8ddd78647da60787e65.jpg

20130702_093643.jpg.ac23b8eb96f6f5a64f78be556a8fd443.jpg

20130702_092321.jpg.f64e0ab07c8c31ecdec2c1aa5e94ef02.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go. It does take some retrieving so probably not the best for rough bark and large limbs but it's functional and safe.

The knot is a bowline on a bight and the krab is a backup in the tail. I've got another static tip tie that I'm gonna put up but it's non retrievable.....at the moment. I'm working on that one:thumbup1:

Ahh I see, nice one Dan, thanks for taking the time to do that 👍 From what I've seen then the base anchor is the best if you want no hassle retrieving, but you have to consider the load more. And the ring to ring cambium saver for single load and redirects, but with the risk of cambium saver getting stuck!?

just read through the thread and thought I would post my thoughts.

I only ever base tie for access and then set TIP with cambium saver and stopper knot, all these other ways to tie in look like there would be loads of friction even with adding pulleys and whatever as the rope is still going over the branch.

As far as redirects go I don't understand a situation where you would want to use a revolver. I would be interested to hear why they are an advantage. from my point of view any movement of the rope at redirect makes it all bouncy to climb on and often loads the redirect badly (pulled sideways). I personally use Ewan's method with a 60cm sling girth hitched to a ring and then crab through bight. works great, cheers for that tip. if I don't want to return to it I occasionally use a natural redirect.

just my thoughts, interested to hear what you lot think, benefits of other options?

cheers,

Pat

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachments/srt-single-rope-technique/128364d1372783041-whats-your-harness-srt-boys-20130702_123332.jpg

So I tried this yesterday and it didn't work at all Lucky I still had my lanyard on!

What size ring is used? The photo looks like a large ring. I used a large ring and 11.7mm rope.

Hey Dan' Is this attached to a basal tie as well? or independent? Thanks, Mark