How Much????

Gardenmac

I hope they can sleep at night.

Right on, thats exactly what I said to her.

I can't see it being more than 2 hours max. ( Thats to take out the old ones, pick up the new ones on the way to the job and to simply slide them in to the recess in the concrete posts.).

On a job this morning and the customer had bought a new panel 6x6 to go in between two existing posts. He asked if I could install it for him, it took no more than 5 minutes.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we did a similar job other week

replaced 17 panels, block up and old gate hole with new base and panel and construct/install 2 new gates.

took 3 of us a day to do this job including collecting materials & building gates from scratch and installing.

the panels were a B**** to replace as the old posts had moved etc. most of the panels required trimmers installing on them to bulk them out to be a tight fit in the posts.

we charged £500.00 for labour for the 3 of us for a day. That also covers our equipment too mind, paslode, chop saw, genny etc etc.

Do you see that as expensive?

the lady was well chuffed with the job.

So, did she get a quote let alone three or did she just tell the guys to get on with the job on charge up or something? She got ripped off and if she's elderly and easily confused then I have sympathy but if the people are average joe blogs citizens then, although it sounds harsh, I'd say tough.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

So, did she get a quote let alone three or did she just tell the guys to get on with the job on charge up or something? She got ripped off and if she's elderly and easily confused then I have sympathy but if the people are average joe blogs citizens then, although it sounds harsh, I'd say tough.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Agreed, as said she was a young lady (not old or vulnerable) they gave a price.she accepted, she didnt have to.

Don't knock it

Learn from your mistake and charge more next time.

Theres too many threads on here knocking undercutting. Now someone comes along and charges a good rate and we moan. Can't win.

You'd charge her £60 for labour and 5 panels featherboard at say £25-50 each

£185-310

Are you VAT registered. Does the job really need 2 on site especially if windy or heavy panels. You've got to quote/ go away/phone to arrange work. Get to site with a mate.

So labour really is £80-100

Panels could be £250- really depends on quality.

VAT is £70.

A good price would be £420. Anything above is good business. Sounds like he was a good businessman.

Just advising.

It isn't just the elderly who are vulnerable, many feel intimidated by "sales technique" adopted by the less scrupulous. I make sure elderly clients have my quotes in writing, and ask them to get it checked by a relative or friend before going ahead. I also recommend they get other quotes