Beginner needing help with basic maintenance on 550xpg

David Dobedoe

I'm quite new to the this world so my questions are from the novice perspective.

I've just cleaned the air filter on my newish 550 xpg and noticed an amount of oily dust / muck in the plastic inlet manifold (think I've got this right?) Is this a normal amount or is it a problem. Fiddling with it I think has a good chance of pushing it into the carb. Thoughts please?

And I know I need to lubricate the needle bearing on the chain sprocket / clutch. How do I do this, and can it be done without removing the clutch/sprocket? I don't have the tools for that but will order some on Monday.

Thanks in advance

David

597663bec9357_2013-03-0212_11_43.jpg.85c44fef8a88d6366f04c201be39222c.jpg

The oily dust is normal its the same with mine. Did you get a little grease gun with the saw? Theres a little hole to pump the grease in to the bearing

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You need red fluid grease in the grease gun! Don't put the bearing grease in it!

Oops... :001_huh:

Why's that Eddy? Is the standard bearing grease supplied with Huskys not suitable for greasing the needle bearings/nose sprocket?

Oops... :001_huh:

Why's that Eddy? Is the standard bearing grease supplied with Huskys not suitable for greasing the needle bearings/nose sprocket?

Surprisingly I found out not! Quite an oversight there! And one of my grease guns is gunked up now!

The actual grease is fine, it just doesn't work in the gun!

Surprisingly I found out not! Quite an oversight there! And one of my grease guns is gunked up now!

The actual grease is fine, it just doesn't work in the gun!

Ah, had that problem myself for a bit with the grease gun that was included- nothing a bit of hot water & brute force couldn't solve though! :thumbup:

And don't forget- it's a freebie anyway!!