Amelanchier

Its that time again - The East of England Cutters and Climbers Competition is upon us once more (and I'd only just suppressed the memories of last year). Gratefully sponsored once again by arbtalk.co.uk and arbjobs.com (amongst others!).

Same old routine (more or less); book your place, get your tickets, turn up, climb a tree, cut one down, have a laugh and win some prizes. :D

Same events as last year, except we're dropping the bar and chain change for a head to head pole climb. Cos everyone loves spikes!! Ha ha.

We're looking at a simpler ranking system this year, with prizes for the top handful for each event but the big prizes going to the best all rounders who complete all three events.

Due to financial stress we are regretfully charging £5 per event or £10 for all three. Competitors tickets are still free though!

Post your questions and I'll do my best! :D

Edited by Amelanchier

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this at the norwich showground at the same time as the countryside fair thing, also is there different pole climbing catagories ie for different spikes or all together as i only have regular spikes? many thanks

Yep thats the one. We're part of the East of England Game Fair.

There's only one category as you'll only be allowed regular spikes! :D

Interested?

very interested not done any comp before so just want to see how i will do, im travelling from hampshire so might be worth entering the others too are there many rules and regs i should know about?

Good on ya. It's definatley worth entering all three and its not too taxing. I'll post the rules when they're finalised but essentially they are:

• Climbing event - Two climbers start at bottom of tree, climb up to the top target, then out to three more on their side, then down to the deck. Points awarded for time and style.

• Pole climb -Two climbers spike up a big stick head to head against the clock. Points awarded for time.

• Felling - Fell a pole with sticks in it onto a target. Then sned all the sticks off it. Points awarded for time and accuracy of cuts.

• Beer tent - Enter tent and consume alcohol. Points awarded for tall tales and karaoke.

Obviously the last event is the most important. :beer:

sold my good man will get the application sorted my girlfriend will be overjoyed that for her birthday weekend she gets to camp out and see loads of hairy arsed tree surgeons doing there thing will ask around and try and bring a load of chaps from work too just to make it that bit more interesting