What has SRT done for you.

Srt has made me enjoy work, its nice to be part of something that is advancing through climbers using it rather than companies, It has cut out half of my kitbag, no need for complex srt systems, i got fed up of attempting to make a retrievable redirect that doesn't have alot of friction, no need for floating anchors or working off the access line. I can set a line and start work straight away no need to go to the top of the tree and set everything up. I prefer dealing with only a single line and when base anchored i love the fact i can adjust how much rope is in my system no groundies dragging the remaining rope out of my rope bag. All i need to access and work the tree is my hitch, the Rw and thether, a pulley and a krab everything else is added to make it easier for myself, i will never say its better than Ddrt but for me i prefer it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam,

John's comment regarding a solution to a problem that doesnt exist... He is referring to the fact that everyone harps on about redirect and no increase in friction etc. I do agree with him. Plan your route and the friction is minimized when on Ddrt.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it (SRT), some trees I will use the wrench, others I won't.

Adam,

John's comment regarding a solution to a problem that doesnt exist... He is referring to the fact that everyone harps on about redirect and no increase in friction etc. I do agree with him. Plan your route and the friction is minimized when on Ddrt.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it (SRT), some trees I will use the wrench, others I won't.

That's what confused me as he quoted what mattyf had said and agreed with him! Matty never said anything about redirects?

The thing that really bugs me the most is someone has asked a specific question in the thread title!!!!

Would it not be useful if people stopped raving on about Ddrt on an Srt forum better still on a thread entitled what had srt done for you? and those who have never tried it then why post a comment? The same also goes the other way round!!!!

I'm not having a go at you rich just peoples posts in general :001_smile:

I enjoy working Srt I have first hand seen, used and felt its benefits. not everyone is the same.

SRWP rules :001_tt2::001_rolleyes:

SRWP is a load of tosh :sneaky2::biggrin:

Ffs!

That's what confused me as he quoted what mattyf had said and agreed with him! Matty never said anything about redirects?

The thing that really bugs me the most is someone has asked a specific question in the thread title!!!!

Would it not be useful if people stopped raving on about Ddrt on an Srt forum better still on a thread entitled what had srt done for you? and those who have never tried it then why post a comment? The same also goes the other way round!!!!

I'm not having a go at you rich just peoples posts in general :001_smile:

I enjoy working Srt I have first hand seen, used and felt its benefits. not everyone is the same.

SRWP rules :001_tt2::001_rolleyes:

SRWP is a load of tosh :sneaky2::biggrin:

Ffs!

For me srwp solves a problem that doesn't exist. I have tried it and there is no benefit for me, as i found a well planned climb eliminates friction. It seems to me that people need to use redirects when using swrp for tip pruning as you dont have the mechanical advantage to pull your self back in when climbing on very small diameter stuff.redirects are now a necessity to carry out the work

As mentioned I use srt for access when needed but mostly footlock with ascenders

For me srwp solves a problem that doesn't exist. I have tried it and there is no benefit for me, as i found a well planned climb eliminates friction...

LOL!! Seriously! I can only imagine that similar thoughts go through a fledgling birds head after flapping around the nest to test their wings. After all why fly, they can hop around just fine.

Sorry guys, you can't judge something until you understand what it can do.

Dave

LOL!! Seriously! I can only imagine that similar thoughts go through a fledgling birds head after flapping around the nest to test their wings. After all why fly, they can hop around just fine.

Sorry guys, you can't judge something until you understand what it can do.

Dave

I do know what it can do and i do understand it. I was banging on about it on here long ago pre rope wrench, I love srt it makes up a significant part of my climbing, I just also know DRT is very efficient when used effectivly and for what I do in the UK perfect.