What has SRT done for you.

I use it occasionally for access, but as Matty said, I really enjoy my ropeguide and VT setup.

One thing puzzles me though...

Both Ian and Adam have said they are not using as much energy, more efficient etc, yet have both gained inches or lost inches due to being fitter.

If Ddrt is harder on the body and generally harder work, how has the SRT switch had so many positive benefits? Were you doing the Ddrt correctly.?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I don't get as physically worn out.

2. I go to the Osteopath less.

3. I really enjoy climbing again because of the interest of ruote planning with redirects and never getting annoyed about friction issues.

4. I bought a BigShot and enjoy using it. It also saves a lot of time and hassle.

I use it occasionally for access, but as Matty said, I really enjoy my ropeguide and VT setup.

Both Ian and Adam have said they are not using as much energy, more efficient etc, yet have both gained inches or lost inches due to being fitter.

If Ddrt is harder on the body and generally harder work, how has the SRT switch had so many positive benefits? Were you doing the Ddrt correctly.?

I was about to ask the same question...

I use srt a bit but no way near full time. The fitter part and larger chest part interests me??

Because at times you have to pull in 100% of your body weight rather than 50% on DRT?

More top anchors are thrown in so you spend longer footlocking/ pantin?

Climbing more because you climb quicker!?!

All this really interests me, the proper evolution of SRT in the UK right here documented :thumbup:

On the flip side, is anyone have knee problems due to excessive amounts of pantin use?

For the trees out here, SRTWP has made my life a lot easier! Big shot into the top, Im up in a few minutes, no upper body involved hardly, redirecting around the crown with no added friction is just a beautiful thing, man! Its all been said before, but both srt and ddrt have their own place in treework.

I was about to ask the same question...

I use srt a bit but no way near full time. The fitter part and larger chest part interests me??

Because at times you have to pull in 100% of your body weight rather than 50% on DRT?

More top anchors are thrown in so you spend longer footlocking/ pantin?

Climbing more because you climb quicker!?!

All this really interests me, the proper evolution of SRT in the UK right here documented :thumbup:

On the flip side, is anyone have knee problems due to excessive amounts of pantin use?

I Climb SRWP so use less effort but don't understand the weight loss thing. The larger chest comment is also a nonsense to me because I use the upper body less.

It's definitely not because of puling full body weight. I've never once pulled my full body weight, always clip the Pantin because it's so much easier.

No left knee problem but I have wondered about this too. However I've only been doing it a year so may be too early to know. I'll be getting a right Pantin at some point though just incase.

I Climb SRWP so use less effort but don't understand the weight loss thing. The larger chest comment is also a nonsense to me because I use the upper body less.

I think your confusing mine and Ian's differences Ian has lost weight so he has either lost muscle mass somewhere in his body due to him not climbing as much lately or he has lost fat but instead of gaining muscle he has just merely toned them!

Me on the other hand have had plenty of climbing and I can only tell you what I'm seeing and its done for me. with the correct posture and technique its easy to concentrate on what muscle groups you use, its just like light weight works really, my technique utilises less arm work and more back and chest work, 100% more leg work as before when using Ddrt I just used to pull hand over hand, more joint work! Elbows wrists and shoulders, DEFIANTLY not because I was doing it wrong!

Like I say I can only tell you what Srt is doing for me! Everyone is different,

I really don't get the comment that John Shutler had said about creating a problem that didn't exists!!!!!

HOW?

Yes I'm using less energy because I'm not wasting any never said I was doing less work!!!! Ddrt has a lot of wasted energy downfalls you only have to look at the obvious 2:1 ratio compared to 1:1 :001_rolleyes:

I think those that have tried SRT but still prefer Ddrt good on you! I'm not a preacher and I'm not trying to convert anyone just a climber saying what he see's. :thumbup1:

Adam

Its made me think about my methods more! Most people will insist on using all their strength of the arms to get around a tree. Legs are much larger muscle groups and tire much less.

To be honest most people who post about SRT seem to be converts to the concept and the sceptics appear not to have used SRT in anger but merely don't like the concept. Cost could be an issue as well but the cost pales into insignificance compared to the benefits and is mitigated by the reduced fatigue and time saved! :thumbup: