Wobbler at work.

pault

You got it down. I've worked with charcters who have wimped out and I've had to finish the job.

I had a bad experience dropped a chog that bounced into live lane I was screaming but not heard due to chipper heard the crunch felt sick to my core dropped out of the tree to check on car and drive couldn't finish the tree I was in a state of utter shock

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes. As has already been mentioned in lombardy pops, I feel seasick, wobbly little buggers!

Less so nowadays, but as Mr Blair said, there's nothing wrong with using the pole saw up a tree, its standard practice for me to take one up if I'm deadwooding right out to the tips. Work smart, not necessarily hard!

Happens from time to time, everybody gets scared up there sometimes. I had a horrible couple days dead wooding some 30m poplars this week. Long, long branches, windy, cold, old 'reduction' cuts. An old russian man came down from his flat and gave me a 6 pack at lunch time, he understood...

You just have to rationalise it really, why are you terrified? What is the tree like? what's different?

Plus, a polesaw is a perfectly good tool for dead wooding, pain in the arse to climb with but on the tippy bits and around the top it's easier, faster, safer and less scary...

NO!

Your just a big wet girls blouse with no more right to breath God's clean air than a weasel...:confused1:

Go get a desk job or join the Catholic Church and leave this forum NOW!:001_tt2:

Actually, I get scared,:blushing: seriously nervous going up the ladder until my Krab snaps firmly shut and I'm attached to the tree.

If I can throw a line I'm fine but I HATE trying for 20min untangling the thing before I can throw.

Ty

yes,wobbling at top of ladder trying to get rope over branch/round tree is worst part of the day for me!

Disco leg around here my friend, show me a climber who hasnot felt this to some dagree and il show you a lier.

I normaly get that what if feeling when 1st back in the tree after lunch but you just have to shake it off have a work with yourself and find a way of doing something that you are comftable with at the time.

Interestingly I get freaked out rock climbing on the odd occasion, but seem to cope with tree climbing much better.

Although that said I got a bit wobbly on a big macrocarpa takedown 3 weeks ago when it was windy. I really did question what I was doing, came down had a brew, settled, then got on with it.

it Is only a natural feeling to get scared from time to time - it must be a built in safety feature of the arborists brain!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Interestingly I get freaked out rock climbing on the odd occasion, but seem to cope with tree climbing much better.

Although that said I got a bit wobbly on a big macrocarpa takedown 3 weeks ago when it was windy. I really did question what I was doing, came down had a brew, settled, then got on with it.

it Is only a natural feeling to get scared from time to time - it must be a built in safety feature of the arborists brain!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I get it sometimes lead climbing (disco leg). Sounds strange but if i look at my leg and tell it to stop shaking, it does. I learned to lead climb down on dancing ledge mate. As my parents have a holiday house in Swanage! And have been a climbing instructor now for about 8 years. Awesome climbing down there! Should meet up for a climb when im down in the summer.

Yep, quite recently. Dropping some declining 30m Wattles. I got down out of one only for another one down the bottom of the site to go over the at the root. No warning, no nowt. Put the wind up me big time and I was fair kecking it spiking up the others. A couple I'd planned to climb got the better of me and I put them over from the floor despite the risk of flattening a couple of fences.