Rayco Super Jr 1625 Axle Removal

theyeti

Evening all,

Wonder if anyone can help please? Im trying to get the front axle off my 1625 stump grinder. Ive taken the wheel bearings off and slackened all the grub screws i can find and removed the bolts on the inner bearing housing, but i cant work out how to get the shaft to move!! :001_huh:

Has anyone done this and can give Me some pointers please? Or even better has anyone got a copy of IPC so I can see how it all comes apart? Id be really grateful as at the moment im stumped. Pardon the pun!

Thanks for the reply. Ill take some pics and post tomorrow - should have thought of that!

Ive removed the whhelbearings as it seems that once they are off the shaft should slide out. There isnt much else stopping it apart from 2 bushes which i cant shift hence this thread as I wonder if im on the right track.......

Morning. Thanks for your replies. The axle is a solid shaft incorporating the wheel bearings at each end and the sprocket for the drive chain (its a self drive model). It seems you take all the bearing assemblies off, loosen everything else and withdraw the axle from one side of the machine. Thats the bit I cant do!!

Malcom was my first port of call. He was only interested in selling me the IPC for £50 and the bits. Ill machine the parts myself so he sort of lost interest at that point!

Am off to the workshop now so I'll try to post some pics later.

Sorry for the delay - I couldnt upload the pic from my ipad.

Anyway, pic attached showing what I'm trying to explain badly!

Trigger - Thats exactly what I'm after thanks. PM Sent.

Graham - It looks like its gonna be gas axe time soon :( as I need to get it back to the guy for monday and I've got to machine some bits for it as well before then.

1625_Axle.jpg.bdf61c63f4a9e71779e1f50a4512640e.jpg

Sorry for the delay - I couldnt upload the pic from my ipad.

Anyway, pic attached showing what I'm trying to explain badly!

Trigger - Thats exactly what I'm after thanks. PM Sent.

Graham - It looks like its gonna be gas axe time soon :( as I need to get it back to the guy for monday and I've got to machine some bits for it as well before then.

That brings it back now. We had an experienced man on ours with no joy. best of luck.