British Standard! Paid for with your council tax!

GTW

But wasn't that council work and if u working for them then u should be in the know

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

When you say "in the know" all I know is that when a client asks for a service they get advice on sustainable tree work then I do what they ask for.

Thats all you need to know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say "in the know" all I know is that when a client asks for a service they get advice on sustainable tree work then I do what they ask for.

Thats all you need to know.

Way I see it is thebest job is the one u get paid for but at the same time u spend years learning your trade to have some one in a suit tell he wants it done this way , fair enough , but that's why your there to try and point him in the right direction that's how I look at it

These sort of spec's are another reason I just left my council job.

Absolute butchery on a regular basis.

Do it properly and you'll get sent back to "finish" it.

Couple of months previous to my resignation I reduced two sycamores to how I felt they should have been done (they didn't need doing AT ALL so I gave them a light tickle to show willing) and they were subsequently felled as they were still "too big".

4 Ash - 1 Willow - 1 Maple - 1 Lombardy

If you cant do the job the way its should be done then don't do it at all! That's why many of us train hard and learn the bio mechanics of the living organisms we work on.

If a bricklayer puts a wall up on the p**s, stands back and says "it will be ok because it wont fall down right away" would you be happy? would you pay him? would you recommend him? would you have him back?

The fact that the council does not seem to mind or care that this is happening to their trees is shameful! They are quick to send out acknowledgement letters telling us to work to BS:3998.

Sad but true, most councils have work like that done, we should have a name and shame (the council NOT the contractor) thread so that perhaps the AA could do someting useful and politely write to the council explaining the error of their ways.

We have done loads of LA work and always do reductions to a high spec, IMO its quicker than a lollipop anyway, yet other trees in the district that we haven't worked on have been lollipoped.

Its a bit of a joke that we have to fill in loads of paperwork, provide tons of NPTC units just to get the job and then they do that.

Petty standard work around my village but that's parish councils/councillors for you. City councils SHOULD be a different story.

in defense of parish councils who i do work for any tree work that needs doing they employ a qualified tree surgeon to do the work. and the one they use a lot is very good. so not all parish or city councils are as bad as photos. best thing you can do is get hold of your councilor who represents you and point it out if nothing is done it goes on.